• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

From Russia with Love

sharkman

Master at Arms
I'm in with this. I'd like to try and get it finished from where I left off and get that ribbon.

This is the next one to finish this coming month! Then I'll have a bit of time to concentrate on the B-17 wing!

On the bench and ready to start tackling it again!

:soldier :soldier

From Russia with Love .. A question about paint!

A question for anyone who has done some russian aircraft.....

I'm wondering what colours to use for this plane. I was thinking Model Master Russian green and Tamiya Nato black for the top, the bottom almost looks like German Hellblau but with more of a blue hue.

Any suggestions???

:hmmm

Back at this one. Did a little work on the gear (painting again and filling sink holes)

Painted the wheels and prop spinner

Added a small part to make a landing light.

Should have some paint on it soon!

Looking good ..... I have a cockpit photo of a Russian AC some where's ...... I'll :captain for it ......

Wish i could help with the Russian color Warren, I understand its a bit of a moving target.

Good start though...§popcorn

From another site
A-14 was a designated interior paint, both for metal and wood.

A-14 (steel gray) was used as interior paint for duralumin planes. It was applied both over ALG-1 or directly on duralumin
ALG-1 (colour not standardized: from yellow to orange-brown or yellow-green) was used as a protective coating/primer for duraluminium, both for exterior and interior surfaces
AE-9 (light gray) was used as interior paint for metal planes, applied over ALG-1 (identified on wrecks only!)
ALG-5 (colour not standardized: shades of gray-green) was used as a primer for mixed construction planes and Il-2 steel armor
AE-9 (light gray) was used after 1939 as a protective paint for I-16 wooden fuselage interior. It was applied directly on wood, without any primers.
AII Al (silver) was used as an interior protective paint for wooden construction planes glued with casein glues. It was applied over DD113 nitro primer
A-14 or A-14f (steel gray) was used for wooden construction planes glued with casein glues. It was applied in 2 coats directly on wood, without any primers.
Chlor-vinyl primer DD118 (gray) was used at the end of war for wooden construction planes glued with casein glues. It was applied in 2 coats if painted with brush or in 3 coats if sprayed
Red VIAM-B (Resin lacquer No1) was used as interior paint on some LaGGs (ie wooden planes glued with formaldehyde glues)
A-28m (light blue) was A-14 alternative for field repairs and overhauling.

If I remember correctly the cockpit should be a lite grey

Like this Mig 3

556beb3527a71c828da7ae9dbd17b443.jpg

James

Thanks folks, I did find some colour suggestions on another build of this. Have the blue on and will post some pics soon!

Well, got the blue on. Tried to mix it up with a few other builds I found online. Might be a little darker than what it is supposed to be...

On to the green and black next!

Thanks guys!! ;)

Today, my little one slept for 2 hours this afternoon so I was able to mask the bottom and spray the green and black. I decided to try something new and sprayed the black free hand. :woohoo:

The green was a mix of a bunch of Model Master paints and the black was Tamiya Nato black

Then tried adding some chipping... still need some more practice on this.

Then gave it a gloss coat and added the decals. Here's how she looks, just need to add the gear and a few more things and I should be done!

Back