• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Forward Island base rivals, Pacific, ONE DONE

Forward Island base rivals, Pacific, 1943 - EXEMPT

Cool (y)

Cockpit looks great! What did you use for the seat belts?

Awesome!!...that P40 does look funky...but in a kool way :popcorn
:v

got the wheel wells filled and need to do the same thing to the ki-61 but in the meantime, I've been trying to make a few additions to the main float to make it look a little more "American", like a Seagull or Kingfisher float.

I'm not going to use the dolly provided by the Kyofu kit but am going to scratch some beaching gear from the kits wheels to fit more with the American style of attached gear.

i'll modify the rear float for the old tailwheel
h710be5d.jpg

I'll have to fashion a small part to hold the upper part of the gear
h152f405.jpg

Also added a few access hatches, some rails and a couple grab handles
h3fbbc48.jpg

I think the stance will look good
h5198833.jpg

h024b878.jpg
Wow looks almost right on floats

Thanks all!

Cool (y)

Cockpit looks great! What did you use for the seat belts?

Jeff, the seat in the P-40 is an Ultracast seat with the belts molded on (my personal favourite) while the Ki-61 is some Eduard PE belts manipulated into position eventually after several colourful words!!

making the mounts for the front supports on the P-40

haabb71b.jpg

working away on the Ki-61 as well as I want to paint this one the same time as the F-14

finished filling and sanding the wheel wells. hopefully, this is done now but I'll check it once more when I get some paint on it.

hc91825d.jpg

The floats will need a bit of work

h2e4d6dc.jpg

To get a proper stance to this aircraft, I'm going to have to fill in a fair bit of sprue on the back side of the floats. One issue I find with a lot of float conversion what if's out there is people don't take time to set the floats in a believable manner.

he6d5797.jpg

haf1775e.jpg

This one will soon be ready for paint as well. The canopy was a bit scuffed (thanks to Hasegawa packaging everything in 1 bag) so I futured it and just waiting for it to dry. I also need a good bomb for this aircraft so I stole a 500 kg bomb from and Eduard Ki-115 Tsurugi I have.

hca6b82e.jpg

Excellent progress and superb correction on the floats. Looking good! :good:

Tony updates:

painted IJN green

h60fdb7b.jpg

then went back and added some shading and IJN grey

h64f9e3d.jpg

Neet-O! Do you think you might add fuel filler caps on aux. fuel tanks in the floats to give them longer range?
(y)
:drinks

Neet-O! Do you think you might add fuel filler caps on aux. fuel tanks in the floats to give them longer range?
(y)
:drinks

Hadn't thought of that Chris, a very good idea but I think I'll skip it for now.

Got the paint and decals on this one as well

hc1f13a5.jpg

h800ffeb.jpg

Had to do a little scratch building on the beaching trolley as the sprues I ordered from Tamiya didn't have all the parts to complete it.

h8354263.jpg

hf6b1ff1.jpg

hfd6cd4a.jpg

Back