• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Folgore Parà

gioazz

Ciao a tutti,

At the end I've decided to start a brand new piece, is the new La Meridiana Miniatures "folgore" paratrooper at El Alamein in 1942.

Hope you like it!

Ciao

Giovanni

IMG-20111102-00024.jpg

Is that the Beretta 38 machinepistol he is carrying? you don't see it much around in modelform.

Looking forward to your build,Giovanni! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Is that the Beretta 38 machinepistol he is carrying? you don't see it much around in modelform.

Looking forward to your build,Giovanni! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Hi Ron,

Yes is the Moschetto Automatico Beretta Modello 1938, also called MAB 38.

A truly masterpiece sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi.

Hope I'll be able to paint to the sculpture standard!

Ciao

Giovanni

Oh Im sure you will do the figure justice Gio (y)

Looking forward to the build and painting

Oh and one of our campaigners asked about the Acrylic base and oil technique and I cant think of a man better suited to give that advice

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much my friend, I hope I will.....

As for the technique, I'll be happy to help, a quick look at my videos may help too...

Ciao

Giovanni

Hi Bob,

on my blog you can find them all, in my Master section here as well and also I have a Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/gioazz?feature=mhsn

Anything else, please let me know!

Giovanni

I'm finishing another project at the moment, but I had the time to build and undercoat the figure.

Lately I use black, this is because, helps with the parts where the parts where I can't reach with my brush.

Soon I'll start with the face.

Ciao

Giovanni

DSC_1672web.jpg

DSC_1677web.jpg

A really nicely sculpted figure,Gio!

So you are going to add the anti-tank[?]mine later,I guess?

Greetings,Ron.

Hi Ron,

I will ad the mine later, is too fragile and will be no good to have it attached while painting.

Ciao

Giovanni

Ciao a tutti,

I've managed to paint the face and arms of my parà, I hope you like it.

Oil is still fresh, so a little but to shiny.

Ciao

Giovanni

DSC_1711web.jpeg

DSC_1712web.jpeg

DSC_1714web.jpeg

Oh I agree what a figure !!

Painting is excellent

you know Gio Im often worried about going darker with my fleshtones you seem to pull it off every time !

Hi guys,

Thanks so much!

I'm looking at the pics on this other monitor and it looks so red!!!!

Is it the same on your screen??

Ciao

Giovanni

Dear all,

After a long time, I'm back to modelling, and please find here progress of my Folgore figure.

The top half is almost done, I need to paint the black leather straps on the "samurai" the green bullet cases holder.

Also I need to paint the rifle, knife and all the metallic part on the samurai and helmet.

I hope to finish these today.

I've made the groundwork out of magic sculpt and sand.

Any comments are more than welcome.

Ciao

Giovanni

DSC_1759web.jpg

DSC_1760web.jpg

DSC_1761web.jpg

DSC_1762web.jpg

Hi stranger! :laugh:

Love it! (y) (y)

Superb work on the goggles,really like the depth on the clear parts....so how did you do it,Gio?

Greetings,Ron.

Back