• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Floaters

nerdling

Been thinking of another idea for a campaign. What about a build of anything that floats or was used in water. That could be floating cars, ships, subs, any type of sea plane or floatplane, basically if it was used in water it would work. Start date would be sometime in 2014. What do you think.

I have at least three floatplane/seaplanes I could build for this. Would be a good motivator to join this.

Here's a couple of photos just to get you all thinking of what to build.

lcvp4.jpg

M4287529_Sherman_with_Deep_Wading_Gear.jpg

o-NAZI-SUBMARINE-FOUND-NORWAY-facebook.jpg

p38-t.png

PBY_Catalina_landing.jpg

Rufe-2.jpg

TauchpanzerIII_2.jpg

volkswagen-schwimmwagen-typ-166-02.jpg

dukw10.jpg

DD-Tank.jpg

Amph_tank_28AWM_09905729.jpg

Lots of great ideas there Ryan. I've already committed to several campaigns but if I can get through most of them before this starts I'd be in. Maybe that BV 222 or a PT 109 that I've been meaning to build since forever. Lots of options.

That snorkel deep wading Sherman second picture down didn't really float though did it. :idonno

Lots of great ideas there Ryan. I've already committed to several campaigns but if I can get through most of them before this starts I'd be in. Maybe that BV 222 or a PT 109 that I've been meaning to build since forever. Lots of options.

That snorkel deep wading Sherman second picture down didn't really float though did it. :idonno

Nope I don't think it did, but I figure it was used in the water, so it would work out just fine. Yeha I wasn't figuring on a start date until next year probably.

Definitely!

I'll probably build a Lublin R.XIII ter for this. Won't be too complicated and maybe I can finish some of these other projects!

Definitely!

I'll probably build a Lublin R.XIII ter for this. Won't be too complicated and maybe I can finish some of these other projects!

Now that will be a build to look forward to. I don't think I've ever seen one built up yet. I'm still deciding between the 1/48 PBY-5A or 1/48 Kingfisher

Definitely!

Now that will be a build to look forward to. I don't think I've ever seen one built up yet. I'm still deciding between the 1/48 PBY-5A or 1/48 Kingfisher

PBY! PBY! PBY!

:coolio

I have the old Spojnia kit that's a bright gaudy green!

Back