• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finished Me 262A-1a/U4

matrixone

Here is my finished Me 262 from the HobbyBoss Me 262A-1a/U4 1/48 scale kit. The model was built O.O.B. and was painted with Model Master II enamels. I tweaked the colors slightly to get them closer to known RLM colors, I like Model Master paints but their line of Luftwaffe colors are a bit off. ;)
There were very little choices in markings for this aircraft, my reference books mentioned there were three Me 262s fitted with the MK 214, two are well known prototypes pictured in most reference books but the third one is still a mystery. Last year I spotted a photograph of a partly destroyed Me 262 that had the MK 214 mounted in the nose, it had the markings of ''black 7''(or dark blue 7) and had the KG(j)6 RVD tail band on the fuselage and decided to mark my model as this machine. I used a mix of decals from the kit and my spares box to mark my model with. This Me 262 had a W.Nr. of 501322 which would suggest it started out as a standard Me 262 and was later fitted with a new nose section. Its anybodys guess if this aircraft was ever flown in combat!

401074512.jpg

401074511.jpg

401074510.jpg

401074509.jpg

401074508.jpg

401074499.jpg

401074498.jpg

401074496.jpg

401074583.jpg

401074495.jpg

BTW, there will be a new book published by JaPo on the final operations of the Me 262 & Ar 234 over the Czech territory and there might, I repeat MIGHT be some new information on the Me 262 I modeled. I have the first JaPo book on the Me 262s of the KG & KG(j) units and its a stunner!

Matrixone

Thanks very much nerdling!

I am forced to use backdrops since I live in a small valley where I can't see the horizon, I would very much prefer to use no backdrops at all and use a natural horizon but that would require packing everything up and traveling to a better spot to take the pics but by doing that takes away my claim that taking pics outdoors is less work than taking indoor pics. :hmmm

Matrixone

Thanks Val!

This is an interesting Me 262 and am happy to have it in my collection.

BTW, I forgot to add this in my original post: JaPo is publishing a new book on the final operations of the Me 262 & Ar 234 over the Czech territory in 1945, this new book might, I repeat, might have some information on the Me 262 that I modeled. Last year I bought the other JaPo book on the Me 262 KG & KG(j) units and the book is a stunner with many new pictures and information. I don't know what the new book might contain but it sounds good and if it is even half as good as the first book it would be worth buying. I have no connection with JaPo, I am just a happy customer.

Matrixone

Thanks Terry!

Yep, another trout, but this one is safe to eat...its not a glowing green color like another trout that I can remember! :D

Matrixone

bringing the pics to the next page ...

stellar work! i just wished you had done a wip thread, that would have been uberstellar!

Here is my finished Me 262 from the HobbyBoss Me 262A-1a/U4 1/48 scale kit. The model was built O.O.B. and was painted with Model Master II enamels. I tweaked the colors slightly to get them closer to known RLM colors, I like Model Master paints but their line of Luftwaffe colors are a bit off. ;)
There were very little choices in markings for this aircraft, my reference books mentioned there were three Me 262s fitted with the MK 214, two are well known prototypes pictured in most reference books but the third one is still a mystery. Last year I spotted a photograph of a partly destroyed Me 262 that had the MK 214 mounted in the nose, it had the markings of ''black 7''(or dark blue 7) and had the KG(j)6 RVD tail band on the fuselage and decided to mark my model as this machine. I used a mix of decals from the kit and my spares box to mark my model with. This Me 262 had a W.Nr. of 501322 which would suggest it started out as a standard Me 262 and was later fitted with a new nose section. Its anybodys guess if this aircraft was ever flown in combat!

401074512.jpg

401074511.jpg

401074510.jpg

401074509.jpg

401074508.jpg

401074499.jpg

401074498.jpg

401074496.jpg

401074583.jpg

401074495.jpg

BTW, there will be a new book published by JaPo on the final operations of the Me 262 & Ar 234 over the Czech territory and there might, I repeat MIGHT be some new information on the Me 262 I modeled. I have the first JaPo book on the Me 262s of the KG & KG(j) units and its a stunner!

Matrixone

Someone else here likes big guns too.......!!

just beautiful Les, in every respect. :dude

Many thanks to all for the comments!

Sorry for the lack of in-progress pics, many of my models are built O.O.B. and in-progress pics of them would be horribly boring, now if I could build as good as Chuk that would be quite a different story. :D

Matrixone

Awesome work. I just saw there is supposed to be a conversion for the Trumpeter kit to make this bird. Must find. Those JaPo books are awesome. Just hard to find. Wish I could get my hands on a couple more.
James

Back