• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Filling question.

Plastik Smurff

I bet this question has been asked many a time BUT, what is a good filler for around canopys,wing roots and such tight places.One that can be applied then wiped with a cotton bud (q tip) to a neat finish to remove excess without having to sand.
Any wisdom is great. :D :D :D

Perfect putty is a good filler. It's water cleanup and can be sanded. I heard it's the cat's meow.--MEOW!!! :D

Tim

I'd like to know myself. I generally use CA around that area but I know there's got to be something better.

Bondo spot putty is my filler of choice, dries quick and can be cleaned up and smoothed out with a cotton bud saturated with acetone based nail polish remover. Do not use straight acetone the nail polish stuff is diluted and smells better to boot. Available in most big box stores that have an automotive section and a tube will last forever unless you build a lot of crappy kits :D

Thanks for the tips fellas. I do have some older kit's of lower quality but I also tend to make good kits crappy as my builds show :bang head :bang head :bang head :(

Back