• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ferguson TE-20 tractor, 1:24 HELLER kit

I am overwhelmed at the realism on this engine! Who'da thunk of adding acid spillage on the battery? Stunning work!

Thanks for the comments gents! Most appreciated!!

How did you make that paint chiping? Hairspray? I want to make something similar on my tractor.

Uros! I'm not a good teacher, and I usually assume everyone already knows more than I do. The rust and surface technique that I am (at least) trying to apply is a 'subtractive' method. Paint the rust first, then lacquer coat, then hairspray, then Tamiya top coats attacked with the 'windex method'. There are a lot of good teachers, like Mr. John Tolcher (who is largely credited with the windex method development). I found his work on Facebook. Mike Rinaldi's book "SM.02" documents it with examples.

51-tBcrZ0XL._SX431_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/RINSM02-Rinaldi-Studio-Press-Book/dp/0988336359/ref=sr_1_4/135-5318930-5557447?ie=UTF8&qid=1528159932&sr=8-4&keywords=rinaldi+studio+press
Thank you, you've been very helpfull!

Where did the summer go?
It's been some weeks since any significant progress happened. But, then it rained this weekend, and cold weather set in...so I goofed off...er, uhm..I mean worked on a model!

Here's the progress report in pictures...

The fuel petcock and filter bowl were re-made and re-installed...
IMG_2043

Here's the wheels finished and installed..

IMG_2392

IMG_2394

A license plate was a must. I'm in NJ, so it only seemed fitting for a NJ Tractor plate. This is a '71 tag. I liked it because it was pre aluminum, so it rusted, but not one of the old black and orange ones... (I like those the best, but the rust doesn't show up as nice in this scale)
I scaled down about a dozen. They were printed on a nice color toner fused printer (at work ;-) ) and laminated onto a metal foil backing. Clear coated. Mounted on a custome bracket and installed...

IMG_2395

IMG_2405

IMG_2406

IMG_2408

IMG_2409

IMG_2412

More to follow as this comes closer to a finish. Thank you for looking!

"as this comes closer to a finish" :blink Oh man, I would have declared this finished already! This is already one of the most stunningly realistic models I've ever seen. :salute

I bow to the Master. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

That's beautiful! Reminds me of the holidays when we would go to my great-uncle's farm. After lunch he would bring out the John Deere tractors and his single engine plane and we'd go for rides.

Back