• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F/A-18 Finished at last !!!!!!!

After getting this kit in 2005 and starting on it as soon as I got it home I have finally finished it this arvo at 13:00 hrs, only 4&1/2 years to build!!.
img_1910.jpg

img_1911.jpg

img_1912.jpg

img_1913.jpg

img_1914.jpg

img_1915.jpg

Some shots of beast just about ready to paint.

img_0210.jpg

img_0211.jpg

img_0212.jpg

Something's not right - pictures aren't working.... :huh:
FIXED.... :)
UNFIXED.... Some pictures have gone missing now? :eek:hmy:

Ohhhh and an Aussie F/A-18 as well :woohoo: .... sweet build :dude 4 1/2 yrs to build... well, better late than never :laugh:

Q. Is it 1/48 or 1/32?

John Short wrote:
Ohhhh and an Aussie F/A-18 as well .... sweet build 4 1/2 yrs to build... well, better late than never

Q. Is it 1/48 or 1/32?
It's 1/32 scale & now Ican start on the second one I've got!

Well :unsure: :S :ermm:

See yah in 2014 :laugh:

Sorry bout that, I just couldn't help myself ;) . It is a great looking build and finish.It looks big and beautiful. Seriously now, we gotta get you to take a break every now and then so you can do a real quick build just to keep things flowing so to speak.

Gary B)

Kreighshoer wrote:
i repaired the links!

beautiful flying thingy work there!

John, I hope you realize how high a praise this is and well deserved.

4.5 year, your patience shows. I love the detail on the AIM7. the color bands and straps are often overlooked. I'm going to guess this has to be 1:32.

Any chance of any in progress pictures?

Is this the Academy kit? It is indeed great looking. too bad I don't have room for something that large.

Regards,

The Academy kit is a bit of a dog, but John has done an excellent job. Especially the lex join and intakes. Are those kit intakes or resin?
James

Is this the Academy kit? It is indeed great looking. too bad I don't have room for something that large.

Regards,
Yes it's an Academy kit, built OOB except for decals. I do have some progress photos, will try & put some in over the weekend.
I've got another one which I will start soon with Aires cockpit & Leading Edge "20th Anniversary Special" decals.

may have taken you 4.5 yrs but it was well worth the wait great job! i especially love your paint booth :laugh:

His paint booth is much more advanced in it's design than mine......................

Beautiful job! Don't take so long on the next one I'm getting older every day!

G

may have taken you 4.5 yrs but it was well worth the wait great job! i especially love your paint booth
Thanks Dave. I've been using that old paking box stuck to the wall for the last 3 years! But over the christmas holidays I decided to get off my bum & make myself a better one.
img_1913.jpg

img_1914.jpg

Back