• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Egg-stravaganza!

Adam Baker

So for the first time in almost 2 years, I've started modeling again. Got really burnt out working on a real turd of a kit, and just put it all down and had no interest in doing any building. Last fall I started attending a newer model club at the local Hobby Town, and in December they were doing a group display of egg planes, and that's what kicked things off for me. I'd had a couple egg plane kits for several years that I never got very far with, so I pulled both out and started working on them, which kinda kicked off a lot with these things. In the last 4 months, I've obtained 8 more of these things, lol. This week I finally managed to pick up one of the kits I've really wanted, the F-14 Tomcat.

Egg%20Plane%2001.jpg

Egg%20Plane%2002.jpg

Egg%20Plane%2003.jpg

Egg%20Plane%2004.jpg

Egg%20Plane%2005.jpg

B/c of their small size, my plan has been to get as many of these prepped as I can, so that I can prime & paint all of them as a group. I think that priming/painting these things one at a time would jsut be a waste, I'd spend so much time cleaning my airbrush to do them one at a time.

Also made the decision to scribe panel lines on the ones that have raised panel lines. Seem like about a 50/50 mix of kits with raised vs recessed panel lines. Figure these are great little kits to practice scribing lines on.

Those are a hoot ! If it wasn't for the fact that I really don't need another distraction I would be very tempted !

Back