• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dueling Daves Double Dauntless Dash

Thanks guys. :drinks

Almost there. All the pieces ore on except the landing gear light. Just some detail painting and weathering to go. :D

Roundels were scavenged from 3 different sources as the kit decals had the famous Hasegawa ivory white and were the wrong size for the period anyway.

h38c7bd7.jpg

h977022b.jpg

h1147e56.jpg

Thanks for the offer of reference pics Chris but don't think my weathering skills could do them justice. It could definitely be a little (lot) more faded/dirty. :pp

I broke the landing gear off several times and had a really hard time getting them lined up again so wanted to call this done before I broke them again. I also broke off that little itsy bitsy teeny tiny mast of the top of the rudder several times to. What a pain gluing that back on. Actually lost the original and had to make a new one. Anyway, I'm pleased with the result even with the added work.

hd062efd.jpg

h8809186.jpg

h8f00f76.jpg

h134763e.jpg

he698909.jpg

I noticed after I took these photos that I had forgotten to glue the landing light lens in on the underside of the wing but I have taken care of that since.

SADave... :pp

Thanks guys, it's been awhile since I've had a completion so it feels good.

SaDave, you owe me a Dauntless build... :bat

Dave, that looks magnificent! Way to go! I am most impressed with the clean lines of your cockpit canopy.

Brilliant work man!

Back