• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragunovs Churchill AVRE Mk. IV

Dragunov

Hi All,

After a long time away from modelling and posting on this site, here is my newest project, the AFV Club Churchill Mk.IV AVRE.

I already build two AFV Club Churchills, a MK.V and an other Mk.IV AVRE, they are both painted and waiting for weathering (my biggest challenge in modelling, but in this post I will concentrate on my newest project;

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate01.jpg

As per instruction I started working on the suspension, building the side panniers with the springs.

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate02.jpg

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate03.jpg

At this point I stopped following the instructions, because at building my first AFV Club Churchill, I had some problems gluing the suspension mountings with the axle mountinggs fitted on the pannier. This due to the spring tension.

So this time I've build the suspension mountings without the axle mountings;

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate04.jpg

And then I glued the suspension mounting on the pannier and let the glue dry;

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate05.jpg

After the glue has dried, I "clicked" the axle mountings (in the picture below from left to right) carefully in the suspension mountings and then placed the road wheels.

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate06.jpg

More progress soon!

Thanks for watching

Cheers Erik

Brilliant idea. That was one of my biggest problems with my Churchill III. I have to get another and try it this way. Thanks Erik :D (y) (y) (y)
James

Nice work, Erik! I have wondered about building one of these kits, will follow along closely! (y)

Thanks guys for the comments (y)

Brilliant idea. That was one of my biggest problems with my Churchill III. I have to get another and try it this way. Thanks Erik :D (y) (y) (y)
James

Hi James give your MK III another change! I'm sure you build it into another masterpiece!!

Now a little update, finished the left panier (the right one is almost finished), and put on the appliqué armour and the AVRE fitting, more to come soon!

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate07.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Erik

Man that looks like some complicated building. So do you sit there and bounce the suspension up and down playing with it?

B) B)
I have often thought about doing a Churchill - and this version is the one I would pick.

Watching with great interest.

Ian.

A bit of work done;

The hull is getting shape and begining to look like a Churchill..................I Hope :D

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate08.jpg

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate09.jpg

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate10.jpg

More soon! Comments welcome!

Erik

Think Winston would be proud,Erik! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

I hope so Ron :woohoo:

Thanks for the comments guys!! :notworthy

Here's a little more progress;

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate11.jpg

The front of the hull is ready, now starting on building the tracks...................

15ChurchillAVREMkIVLate12.jpg

Next the fenders and details on the hull, keep you posted!!

Erik

Back