• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon MK4H - very early production.

Thanks everybody for posting and keeping me motivated.I appreciate all of your contributions and your time to post. :)

Kristof,
thank you for your comments and I fully understand your angle which is important to maintaining a standard, however, as I mentioned in the description, I still have a way to go and this is not a completed build as yet. I usually use the Macro shots to clean-up on things as will expose what the naked eye fails to see. Macro is also a very harsh judge and for this reason I do not usually post until I have finished all the clean-up but this model's need for a painted engine bay pushed me into an early post so I could show all of the details unpainted.I still have the tools to finish, spare wheel box to attach, hull to attach, rear sheild, engine bay pipes and all the little rough surface parts associated with the modifications (especially the vision blocks, welds and the space where the jack block sat. After this I must paint the engine and engine bay before the upper hull can be attached and all of these other details fixed and finalised. :huh:

Jenny,
I will do my best but I need to think about the color. Where all MK4 engine bays in red primer??

Iowabrit,
yes, i realised that after the tool was set on the guard :unsure: I will have to remove and add some PE clamps. Thanks. :)

:) REDUX

I have been redoing the MK4 H to fix the errors I found in my original build.
I kept the H turret untouched but used a MK4 G chassis to get the details to match my reference photos. I added smoke dischargers that I missed the first time, used a G chassis, transferred the resin engine bay, Tamiya spaces armor and added welds at the front. I had to use Tamiya parts as the original dragon ones were stuck to the previous H and not salvageable without destroying them.
The vehicle has been referred as a early Hand a late G in many different references, so I have settled for a early H. The reason for the confusion are the many contradictory details.......
it has early G chassis details but H details such as spare wheel box design, front drive sprockets and air cleaner pipes (as per Achtung Panzer).

modphoto2.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

The remains of the old H I am turning into the next wreck for my rail scene with my other kits such as the StuG III G wreck.
IMG_0339.jpg

It has a VLS interior going into it, plus some brass side mounts and shields will be added for visual detail.
WIP

IMG_0343.jpg

:) REDUX

I have been redoing the MK4 H to fix the errors I found in my original build.
I kept the H turret untouched but used a MK4 G chassis to get the details to match my reference photos. I added smoke dischargers that I missed the first time, used a G chassis, transferred the resin engine bay, Tamiya spaces armor and added welds at the front. I had to use Tamiya parts as the original dragon ones were stuck to the previous H and not salvageable without destroying them.
The vehicle has been referred as a early Hand a late G in many different references, so I have settled for a early H. The reason for the confusion are the many contradictory details.......
it has early G chassis details but H details such as spare wheel box design, front drive sprockets and air cleaner pipes (as per Achtung Panzer).

modphoto2.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

The remains of the old H I am turning into the next wreck for my rail scene with my other kits such as the StuG III G wreck.
IMG_0339.jpg

It has a VLS interior going into it, plus some brass side mounts and shields will be added for visual detail.
WIP

IMG_0343.jpg

Amazing you can see that much detail in those photos. And transfer it to the kit with ease, or at least you make it look easy..

Thanks for sharing Ian.

:popcorn

Hi Ian , great to see this one back on the work bench looking great
How have things been anyway , long time no see
must catch up with Pete and yourself soon

Cheer's

Matt :)

Good to hear from you Matt. I have stuffed a nerve in my back at present but will hopefully be good by Late next week - sports injury.
Yes , maybe next weekend.

Ian.

Yep, this would be the Panzer IV, Panzerkampfwagen IV (Pz.Kpfw. IV).

Moon Puppy just answered a tank question? :deer in headlights:

Looking good!! Hey wait a minute..............................Moonie, answered an armor question? :popcorn What's up with that?? :laugh:

Back