• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon 10.5cm Sturmhaubitze 42 Ausf.G

So cool! I have a soft spot for buckets...

walrus_bucket.jpg

Thank you, friends! Here's paint shop update, still more to come.

Base coat of AK Dunkelgelb Base and highlights of Dunkelgelb Light Base.

IMG_5951.JPG

IMG_5952.JPG

IMG_5953.JPG

IMG_5954.JPG

IMG_5955.JPG

Stripes are Red Brown.

IMG_5956.JPG

IMG_5957.JPG

IMG_5958.JPG

IMG_5959.JPG

Going to let this dry a bit before starting the filters, may treat the barrel to a different paint.

:drinks

Well, it was an eventful day. I painted some of the bits and pieces this past week, as time allowed and was looking forward to making some serious progress today. I added the hatches and some of the other miscellaneous, headed to the garage to touch up the camo on the new parts. Some of you know I have been having foot issues, so I was wearing my Crocs (doctor's orders)in the house. I stumbled over the shoe and launched the StuH from the paint stand. Yup, nose dive! Parts went everywhere! I am certain there is profanity hanging in outer space. I collected my composure and the parts from the floor and went back to the bench. Upon further review, the damage wasn't as bad as I feared. The parts popped apart, sort of like those Crash 'Em cars we had as kids. I reassembled and shot a seal coat over the entire vehicle. I added some layers of filters and here's where I am now.

IMG_5975.JPG

IMG_5976.JPG

IMG_5977.JPG

IMG_5978.JPG

IMG_5980.JPG

I will add the pinwashes before the stowage goes on, hopefully the next round will be less eventful! :blush:

:drinks

Nice save Mike. I feared the worst when you said about it, but I wouldnt know what fell off looking at it. Really nice work. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Back