• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dodge WC54

ij001

Will be doing this 'slow time', no need to rush, but I'd like to finish it before the Armistice Show in Cambridge this summer - Usually the second week in November.

The required 'date stamp' photo.

Parts all laid-out. They've stood the test of time very, very well in my opinion. Think this mold goes back to the late 1970's ( :idonno ).

Decals are little 'aged' but I'll only be using the smaller ones, I'll be masking/painting the large red crosses.

Proper start will be in a couple of weeks, once the Eurofighter is 'turning on to finals'.

AFN

Ian

Nice project! This kit is kinda hard to come by.

Terry B)

Not really friend, it was re-issued in Europe (at £19.99rrp in the UK) about eighteen months before we came out to NZ, sometime in late 2010. Prior to that they had been going for silly money on eBay, you're quite right.

Ian

Nice project! This kit is kinda hard to come by.

Terry B)

Not really friend, it was re-issued in Europe (at £19.99rrp in the UK) about eighteen months before we came out to NZ, sometime in late 2010. Prior to that they had been going for silly money on eBay, you're quite right.

Ian

They are still a hot item on Ebay.

:popcorn

....really :hmmm , maybe when they were re-released it was only in limited numbers. Anyhoos, I'm not a collector (though you'd never know it looking at my stash). Really want to do this one justice, as I promised Frau I'd build an ambulance 'type' for her desk at the surgery...

... :coolio

Ian

'Remember I said I wasn't going to do anything to this for a couple of weeks....

....Well what happened was this. I was waiting for the glue to dry on the Eurofighter seat, and the Dodge was just sitting there, and well, I picked up the cutters and the knife and well, forty-five minutes later this happened !!

:blush:

Ian

One more in 1/48 but so expensive!

http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/48/pdm008reviewcs_1.html

Looking good so far Ian!

Some self-explanatory progress shots over the last ten days.... Apologies for the lousy lighting, it's all sorted now !!

Cab & painted Olive Green as opposed to OD, for contrast and lightly dry-brushed - at this point it wasn't glued into place, just pushed into place to check the alignment and fit... It was perfect !!, The floor pan at the rear was also just 'placed'.

Cab glued now and given a heavy pastel dusting. I also 'dusted' the seats, doors, door inserts etc.

The rear builds-up perfectly, using inside and outside panels. Such a simple way of engineering what could have been a real problem. As you can see I've 'dusted' the floor again very heavily and then getting lighter as you get further in. There's a little pastel dust scrubbed into the seat canvas aswell. So far I've used all Tamiya acrylics for painting.

And that is it for now. More later in the week, hopefully. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian

Nicely done. And the dusting looks perfect. Looks just like some of the MLVWs I've driven. Very nice (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
JAmes

Back