• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML M3 75mm Gun Motor Carriage

Tony lee

Master at Arms
Hi All :Hiay

I bet you people thought you were getting a break from me, No Way :gogo
The M19 had the 105 howitzer but we needed something for tank defense and the M3 75mm is what they came up with, I think it used the old 1918 French gun. It wasn't the perfect AT gun but it was better than nothing and served in North Africa, Sicily and Italy.

There may be some painting weather headed our way in the next day or two but i'll believe it when I see it.
Later
Tony lee :)

Quit sending that crummy weather thru the Carolinas, willya? B)

That was fast, must be a nice kit? :good:

Lets see Zod the one thing that got my attention is the barrel is in five parts counting the breech.
I assembled mine using the slide as a jig to keep everything in alinement of coarse RB makes an aluminum
barrel for these too. Other than that all is right with the world sir.

Fit has been as good as the T19.

Marking?????
UK marking are provided too if those strike your fancy.

1st King's Dragoon Guards Italy 1944 or Germany 1945 and 'A'Sqd 27th Lancers Italy 1944.

Three U.S. Army,Sicily 1943, Tunisia 1943, stateside 1943 and 'L' Co. 3rd Battalion 2nd Marines USMC Saipan 1944.
One of them should grab you.

Tony lee :D

Check that return roller on the RHS Tony, looks like it got knocked off a bit.

I love these kits, even though I never built one out of box.

:popcorn

Yeah I know Pup
The tracks are solid molded plastic and that's one of the ways to get some slack to get them on and off.
After painting the lower hull area,wheels,sprockets and tracks it will all be glued down.

If you love PE there's a lot of it to be had for this one too. :D

Tony lee

Cant see any pics right now. When I built my half tracks I found the easiest way to do is was to leave the drive and return wheels off. Then when I was ready to install everything I slipped the track on, then the return roller then the drive sprocket. If that makes sense.
James

Yeah I know Pup
The tracks are solid molded plastic and that's one of the ways to get some slack to get them on and off.
After painting the lower hull area,wheels,sprockets and tracks it will all be glued down.[/quote]

Good idea! :good:

If you love PE there's a lot of it to be had for this one too. :D

Tony lee

Tell me, remember I did this as that Darby's Rangers machine a couple of years ago.

Hey Tony,

Never thought I would see the day! You do know that this thingy your building has actual tires on the front, right???? :D :D :D :D

Love the work buddy!

Randy

Yeah I know :facepalm
Wheels on the front and tracks on the back is as far out of my comfort zone as i'll go Randy. :D

There's no cure for Friul Fingers virus. ;)
Tony lee

Back