• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Did you know?

Cheyenne wrote:
Did you know that the tooth brush was invented right here in South Jersey , ......... because if it was invented anyplace else it would have been called the teeth brush ..........

That's like the Toronto Maple Leafs (Canada) hockey team. Everyone but hose Torontoians know that the plural of Leaf is Leaves.

Cheers from Peter

In the weeks before he walked on the moon that Neil Armstrong spent hours and hours trying to come up with something memorable to say when he took his first step on the moon. And then when he got there and did it, he got it wrong? And that is why there is a pause in the now famous sentence. "That's one small step for man, one . . . . . . . giant leap for mankind".

What he planned on saying was "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind".

Gary B)

That the British 6 pounder Anti Tank gun (used by the US as the M1 57mm ) when using APDS Ammunition had a greater ability to penetrate armour than the Kwk 36 88mm gun as fitted to the Tiger 1 (The 88 was however a lot more accurate at longer ranges)?
Al

G Cooper wrote:
In the weeks before he walked on the moon that Neil Armstrong spent hours and hours trying to come up with something memorable to say when he took his first step on the moon. And then when he got there and did it, he got it wrong? And that is why there is a pause in the now famous sentence. "That's one small step for man, one . . . . . . . giant leap for mankind".

What he planned on saying was "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind".

Gary B)

Hehehehehe I thought it may be , "Buzz I thought you had the keys ?" :laugh: :laugh:

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
G Cooper wrote:

Gary B)

Hehehehehe I thought it may be , "Buzz I thought you had the keys ?" :laugh: :laugh:

How about " Did we make a wrong turn somewhere? Cause this sure don't look like Florida to me! :pinch:

Gary B)

This doesn't look like Pismo Beach, we must have made a wrong turn at Albuquerque! Bugs Bunny to Daffy Duck :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

they may have lost the war and have done some very bad things but at least they were the best dressed of all ww2 participants because ...

... Hugo Boss designed all wehrmacht and ss uniforms!

Kreighshoer wrote:
they may have lost the war and have done some very bad things but at least they were the best dressed of all ww2 participants because ...

Well, thank goodness for that. I would hate to think what they would have looked like if their uniforms were designed by Victoria's Secret :pinch: .

Gary B)

While you have 10 toes (assuming you are not polydactyly), you only have 8 fingers :unsure: ?

Most people get that one wrong if you ask them.

Gary B)

jenny croft wrote:
Did you know that during Napoleons attack on Russia it was that cold with the perma frost on the ground that the cannonballs which were placed on brass racks so they could be stacked into pyramids would start to freeze . Because the rack was brass it would contract but the solid iron cannonballs of course would not contract , this would cause the cannon ball pyramids to fall over . The brass rack was called a monkey and when it is that cold it would freeze the balls off a brass monkey , then you better believe it is cold !

brass_monkey.jpg

Good one Jenny, It's also a nautical term, just think about those cannon balls
rolling around on a frozen wooden ships deck Yee ha.
Shawn

G Cooper wrote:
Kreighshoer wrote:

Well, thank goodness for that. I would hate to think what they would have looked like if their uniforms were designed by Victoria's Secret :pinch: .

Gary B)
Like this, Gary?
att1_20100608_2050930882.jpg

How dreadful!! :pinch:

With tomorrow being Father's Day in the USA, here is one:

Q. On which day are there more collect calls than any other day of the year?

A. Father's Day

Sad but true,

Okay this is too weird not to enter here. And I'll bet not a one of you knew either :laugh:

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2010/06/man-in-iron-mask.html

What a crazy world we live in.
James

That if you rub a cat on the top of your head it will build up a static electricity charge and stick to the ceiling just like a baloon?

ninja-cat-pic_20100621_1772221765.jpg

But yah gotta get em very early in the morning when they are still sleepy, or they just pop right off :unsure:

Gary B)

G Cooper wrote:
That if you rub a cat on the top of your head it will build up a static electricity charge and stick to the ceiling just like a baloon?

ninja-cat-pic_20100621_1772221765.jpg

But yah gotta get em very early in the morning when they are still sleepy, or they just pop right off :unsure:

Gary B)

If you drop a cat it will land on its feet.
If you drop buttered toast it will land butter side down.
If you strap buttered toast to a cats back will it hover???
James

[/quote]

If you drop a cat it will land on its feet.
If you drop buttered toast it will land butter side down.
If you strap buttered toast to a cats back will it hover???
James[/quote]

Someone get me a cat and some toast! Cause this I gotta try.

matt :silly:

G Cooper wrote:
So what would happen if you buttered your toast on BOTH sides, and then dropped it?

Gary B)

Well of course you would drop it , butter fingers :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !!!!

G Cooper wrote:
So what would happen if you buttered your toast on BOTH sides, and then dropped it?

Gary B)

The world would split in half and land sticky side down on the universe. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Matt :pinch:

Back