• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Der Rote Kampfflieger

For the Non-German speakers among us, I shall translate. Sort of! "AUSGETZEICHNET!" is the BEST German word!
It encompasses enthusiasm, appreciation, and admiration, of One's works in a way that sounds awful. Not unlike so many German phrases, or expressions. There truly is NO literal translation. A GREAT word!

Conversely "Da schitz dem Hund im Feuerzeug" is an expression of amazement or disbelief.

Literally translated, it says "Then a dog will poop in my cigarette lighter!". No Scholar will get it, unless He's actually been to Germany.

IF a German tells you "Ja, Ja, Ja....." That's the same a "F you" See!?!

Es erfreut mir, Ihnen zu Helfen!

I'll try these out with my pal Klaus on our team call tomorrow. He's a big ol' fella so if he comes looking for me, you best be there for me Rhino!! :frantic

Thanks guys.

Well I did some painting today. Thanks to Mike and Eric for encouraging text messages. I tried out wood grain and they go the test shots.

So I got the panel lines sorted out, I think, and got a base of Buff on. then Burnt Umber with mineral spirits to thin.

I'll just show some photos, I do question my oil paints, the pigment seems more granular than I remember.

Here's the progress.

hd681993.jpg

I got the wings preshaded along the rib tape.

h98dac8b.jpg

First shot...Mike said it looked good for a baseball bat. :hmmm

he8847b9.jpg

haaf25f6.jpg

h8216149.jpg

Trying to make the panels dissimulator

h83d02af.jpg

h9621316.jpg

Now remember, my nutty self is painting two schemes. First

hf679836.jpg

Which is painted into this

hc261fa8.jpg

Now a little varnish.

h65550ca.jpg

h6a73711.jpg

h75f9cbf.jpg

Going to let that soak in and cure before messing with it anymore. Will probably work on the wings over this week.

Nice to get back on the bench and be productive. Hope you like.

Got color going on.

h8355a6b.jpg

Had to go back to basic art class back in the day, what makes the color purple?

hfd4760c.jpg

Think I'm too dark but..it'll be covered with red shortly. :coolio

:hmmm ... It seems good!...are you using Vallejo :hmmm ... very difficult with airbrush, but the painting job is very goog!

Luiz.

:hmmm ... It seems good!...are you using Vallejo :hmmm ... very difficult with airbrush, but the painting job is very goog!

Luiz.

Yes sir it is. Makes it easier with Testors Airbrush thinner and Vallejo retarder (a drop or two will do ya). That's why you see it still very wet and I've left it to cure. :zen

Got inspired...

hf9f34ab.jpg

Another mix and more white this time. RLM71 for the green.

Coincidence? I think not...
hb2c4c4d.jpg

Azalias are a bloomin' so hang in there James, Spring's around the corner. :dude

Back