• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAS WERK 1/35 VOMAG with a 88MM FLAK

Piet

Nice kit, but could have done better.
Some tubular parts are slide-molded and others are not,

And they don't provide you with a shield for the FLAK,
Luckily I have the Border FLAK kit which contains tree different ones and one of them is the right one for this version I'm going for.
das-werk-dw35024-8-8-cm-flak-auf-9t-vomag.png

The German yellow version definitely had a shield ,if you look at period photos
dw35024-3.jpg

IMG_20240324_170106_1.jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-03-30 om 12.52.34_dfdcbca3.jpg
IMG_20240419_120058.jpg
IMG_20240419_120111 (1).jpg
IMG_20240419_120116_1.jpg

First time I used the new ATOM paint

Cannot be airbrushed directly from the bottle, but it had to be diluted
Sprays well and dries quickly.
Naamloos.png

Interesting vehicle Piet. Am still on the fence as to weather I would ever build it. Am getting sucked in on some of the new 1/16 scale armor, but am really taking even that slow and easy.
Interesting about the shield on the 88. Can you post a reference photo?
Always like your builds as you take on a lot of detail work.

Looks like all the Darkgrey versions didn't have the shield ,
All remaining FLAK Trucks were lost during the Battle of Budapest /Hungary 1945.

Also a version with a rangefinder (next kit ? )
vomag_targeting_truck.jpg

Last edited:
When I bought my resin version and did research I found this was Hitlers FLAK protection unit going with him everywhere. It wasnt until I got this kit and went through the book that I found they did so much more. I'm going to do mine in "German Grey" and I think I might get another to do the range finding truck also using the Bronco kit. Enjoying your build. Any real issues? Watching Nigels build on Youtube he has a few issues with the kit.
James

Any real issues? Watching Nigels build on Youtube he has a few issues with the kit.
James
No fit problems ,some seam lines over rivets , had to replace them ,
Find the instructions not really clear for placing some parts on theFLAK .....

:vgood:

Last edited:
No fit problems ,some seam lines over rivets , had to replace them ,
Find the instructions not really clear for placing some parts on theFLAK .....

:vgood:
Good to know. I refused to buy their kits after the first few due to instructions and poor parts, but I have wanted to build this for so long. So got it. Will keep watching your build.
James

That looks really cool Piet! That isn't the usual 88 shield that is used on the field gun. Thanks for posting the reference photos.

That looks really cool Piet! That isn't the usual 88 shield that is used on the field gun. Thanks for posting the reference photos.
By the looks of it it is a pressed version,
and the sides are hinged (haven't attach them yet )

Completed the FLAK this weekend and added some extra details like wiring.

The Pressed version shield is from the Border kit becaus Das werk doesn't give you that option (as mentioned before )

Next , spraying some green and brown camoflage spots
IMG_20240429_110632.jpg
IMG_20240429_110646.jpg
IMG_20240429_110653.jpg

Back