• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAK with Doc - Next installment

DML Panzer 1 ausf. B ( DAK with Doc)http://www.mod

Hey John ,

The Stowage looks cool, what’s wrong with the
Jerry cans? Some neat stuff there , what stood out to me was no Tarps?Who makes that wicker neat looking stuff. And what about a couple ammo cans since the only weapons are the mg;s lots of 7.92 needed. But you get the thumbs up from me ( I like lt ).

Brian

Hey John ,

The Stowage looks cool, what’s wrong with the
Jerry cans? Some neat stuff there , what stood out to me was no Tarps?Who makes that wicker neat looking stuff. And what about a couple ammo cans since the only weapons are the mg;s lots of 7.92 needed. But you get the thumbs up from me ( I like lt ).

Brian

Just playing with layouts. I generally go through a few iterations before I am happy. I will add a tarp before I finalize and maybe an air recognition flag. I have some typical ammo cans, but I wonder how larger amounts were stored. Wicker is plus models.

DML Panzer 1 ausf. B ( DAK with Doc)

Bulk 8mm Mauser

https://imgur.com/gallery/iuCARd7

hb41c6a3.jpeg

Just playing with layouts. I generally go through a few iterations before I am happy. I will add a tarp before I finalize and maybe an air recognition flag.

Looks great John and I understand the multiple shifts on layout as I do the same - from my POV i would think a little less neat and a slight bit of movement and dissaray during the trek.

?
Great looking little scene with just the right balance.
Typical Stienman execution. :good:
Ian.

Thanks Ian! I agree too orderly, I have changed it up again, added an ammo can, and replaced the antifreeze with a rolled MP Perdo mat.

h53e877f.jpeg

h43fe5fb.jpeg

h8205bce.jpeg

This is feeling pretty good. Sorry to make you suffer through the process with me, but maybe gives some insight into my process?

he584472.jpeg

hd05735d.jpeg

he6b5b55.jpeg

DML jerry cans suck because the pe part that gets sandwiched between the two halves to represent the weld seam was an afterthought. It dosesn't even fit the pins properly, is too large, is offset incorrectly, and when used makes the cans too wide for the handle to fit properly in the notch in the top of the cans. So to fix it, filing, sanding, filling the notches, more sanding, then trimming the handle to work without the notch. So a friggin' PITA.

h6c38b34.jpeg

haef5b68.jpeg

h7e391f9.jpeg

The load out looks good to me. :good: I like the radio, broom, boots and pans.

The load looks great John you have such nifty Do dads never thought of a broom but with all that sand would be very handy.OK I wish I was in my shop for this explanation I hate the metal Jerry can inserts I make all mine out of plastic sheet , I always buy new Tamiya ones no PE.I take a sheet of like paper plastic sheet I take my metal 1 ft rule it’s exacto Imeasure the whole can edges then with a with my mechanical pencil I make blocks a tiny bit bigger than the cans. I use a compass with two points and carefully from corner to corner I mark the measured pin & hole marks ( actually have one Tamiya can that I drilled through to mark the holes on the sheet with the compass points , I do every square for later use too.then cut the blocks you need with a sharp #11 drill the holes making sure you keep the cut to the inner side as not to close to the edges. Once the holes are right use Tamiya green cap and glue the cans together, then with a sharp #11 laying the plate flat against the can edges trim the outer surface to the can, then brush the Tamiya green along the cut sheet edges use extra make it melt the edges some .The glue melt makes the insert edges look welded kinda. That’s what I do never had a problem and seriously it goes much faster than you think I just wrote long , probably as fast as reading this.The Tamiya cans are very nice in my opinion and they have the Early X cans too and they are cheaper than the PE cans for your wallet plus lots o lots of Tamiya kits come with them already. Just wanted to run this out there in case anybody was interested.Also the end result is way better than the sharp PE edges , by slightly melting the edges they look more realistic in my opinion.Well Guess I have blabbered on long enough.

Brian

Oh John the radio is very cool , but with all that sand wouldn’t they have rolled a tarp around it? Making it actually impossible to see?Just my thought , Sorry you know me I overthink everything.

Brian

Oh John the radio is very cool , but with all that sand wouldn’t they have rolled a tarp around it? Making it actually impossible to see?Just my thought , Sorry you know me I overthink everything.

Brian

Yep, but sometimes reality has to take a back seat to art...

As to the cans, yeah I have done that in the past, but these were here so...

Pand you're going to paint that with all that installed?

Back