• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAK G917T

I took pictures years ago of the two of three trucks that my Grandfather started his trucking line with in 1940. One is a 1938 Ford and the other is a heavily modified 1939 Ford (use to run dual engines and transmissions) Both trucks were used until the early 1960's. In WWII they ran 24 hours a day seven days a week with six drivers. During the day they would haul farm goods in rural eastern Colorado, western Kansas and Nebraska. At night they would haul livestock to Denver and then haul concrete back.

https://www.modelersalliance.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=881&page=1

Found the picture I've been looking for :v

69fca0e2a812005ce6ecbcc41e849df0--cargo-ton.jpg

Finally some progress that shows

Got the wood grain done, maybe a little over done and stuck parts together with glue :good:

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

Moving closer to painting

Filled the sink marks on the out side edge of the doors

IMG_1740.JPG

I did some texture on the seat covers with liquid cement, then I sanded it

IMG_1739.JPG

I've got to paint the inside of the cab and engine compartment before finishing the than assembling so I stuck the parts down and I was able to paint them with primer. I thought I had some Tamiya Panzer gray but can't find any here. :rotf

IMG_1737.JPG

Fenders after some primer. The dents I made with a file.

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

Truck bed before painting
IMG_1738.JPG

I primered the bed then painted it with a base of Tamiya buff, next step will be to very the colors for the wood with different paint in places.

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

:eek:ldguy

Hi ,

How do you like this kit? Have you ever built a Italeri/testers or Tamiya Blitz truck? I am interested as I am thinking of a truck to pull the Russian 76 mm field gun from Bronco.Im thinking of the Dragon Blitz truck 4x2.i have built a couple Italeri long ago not bad for its age and in the old days was just about the only German truck available . Now there is a large selection and they are giving us good British and American trucks too. Boy I wish I was a young modeler now and had the variety there is now oh how limited it was in the 70s.

Brian

Hi ,

How do you like this kit? Have you ever built a Italeri/testers or Tamiya Blitz truck? I am interested as I am thinking of a truck to pull the Russian 76 mm field gun from Bronco.Im thinking of the Dragon Blitz truck 4x2.i have built a couple Italeri long ago not bad for its age and in the old days was just about the only German truck available . Now there is a large selection and they are giving us good British and American trucks too. Boy I wish I was a young modeler now and had the variety there is now oh how limited it was in the 70s.

Brian

I've really liked the kit so far. Only thing that I don't like about the kit is the firewall is not correct, not even close. The flathead engine is fantastic. Chassis is really well done and easy to assemble. I like that the tires are hard plastic and not vinyl. Kit is missing some fine details but over all I rate it high and an easy straight forward build as of now. I still have to deal with the multi-part cab. If that assembles like the rest of the kit it will be a winner for sure.

I'm not much into German armor, so I have never built any German truck before this one.

:good:

:yipee

Had a little time for the bench today

Chassis picture when I realized I forgot the emergency brake cables

IMG_1752.JPG

IMG_1753.JPG

Added the emergency brake cables

IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1755.JPG

Front sheet metal assembly together

IMG_1757.JPG