• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Hobby Boss 1/48 A7E- Paul W

Paulw

Gonna do this instead of the F-101. :stinker

IMG_1853.jpg
:beer

Havent heard anything about it. Would be interesting to see what it builds up like. Looking forward to your build Paul.
James

Okee Doakee, I have been busy on the sluf and this is as far as I got today. I tried some pastels for the post shading and dirty effect and was pleasantly surprised at the out come. :fencing

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

I know the seat is crooked but I haven't cemented it in yet so it looks a bit off.
Now back to the Beercat. :drinks

It sits in a line of unfinished kits, sort of like the land of misfit toys. She is forlorned and almost forgotten until two days ago. I just dry fit the wings and things after some painting and clear coat. Decals tomorrow and then the weathering starts. Oh and some ordnance also. I lost the pout board pylons so its going to be light some ordnance.

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

about a weeks more and this will be in the bag.

I have some decals on this and a little more weathering. Still dry fit and the canopy is cracked but Ill get it done some time this coming week.
IMG_2073_zps18982290.jpg

IMG_2077_zps6b0f5c75.jpg

IMG_2079_zps9b7c2296.jpg

IMG_2080_zps584f265f.jpg

Stay tuned folks, same time, same forum

Lookin good. How is the over all fit on the kit? I've got a set of old Superscale decals to do one of the birds that flew in Desert Storm w/ a desert camo scheme, and trying to figure out which kit to get. I've been looking at the Hasegawa kit, but its pricy for sure.

I like that HB kit Adam. it fits really well and the wings leave hardly any seam. the only thing I have a prob with it the canopy because it is thin and flexible but it will crack. I got mine at 40% off and I really enjoy the kit.

Back