• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry: SA Daves AFV M18

Re: CTA Entry: SA Daves AFV M18 FINISHED

With 2 hours left (my time zone) I finaly finished this great gift Chef Dave gave me.
DSCF6033_zps734c621f.jpg

DSCF6039_zps044be756.jpg

DSCF6044_zps9dd6a446.jpg

DSCF6045_zpscfb97e59.jpg

DSCF6046_zps2975d138.jpg

With 2 hours left (my time zone) I finaly finished this great gift Chef Dave gave me.
DSCF6033_zps734c621f.jpg

DSCF6039_zps044be756.jpg

DSCF6044_zps9dd6a446.jpg

DSCF6045_zpscfb97e59.jpg

DSCF6046_zps2975d138.jpg

:blink :blink :blink

Wait you finished a model!?!

Looks great Dave. Only thing I can find wrong with it is it lacks a set of wings :geek

So how did you get the fuel stains to look like that?
I used the Citadel wash (Devlan mud) First let a drop run naturally then when it has dried a bit I went over the border again with it a few times with a thin brush to give it that outline feeling.

Really nice work Dave! And I still haven't picked my jaw up off the floor that you acutally made a deadline! :D :rotf

Nice job Dave! (y)

That's the way to bring it home. I hope that you win something.
You should get extra credit for the open-top AFV. It's a lot of extra work (I mean extra fun... :) )

Looking forward to your next build.

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks guys This was my first AFV kit and with these small parts I had some problems but it sure make a load of difference. Thanks for watching.

Really nice work Dave! And I still haven't picked my jaw up off the floor that you acutally made a deadline!

That's cause Dave hasn't been on Skye yacking away.....!!!!!!!!!

:drinks to you Dave - one of your best

I have one of these in my stash and it's going to stay there until everyone forgets this beauty of yours.
Excellent work Dave! :drinks

Ruben

DSCF6033_zps734c621f.jpg

Did you ever considered writing scripts for thrillers? :D

Looks mighty fine,Dave! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Back