• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - RichB - 1/32 Revell Duo Discus

RichB

Build #2

Big.jpg

Looks to be a simple build (famous last words) for those times waiting for putty, primer and paint to dry on my mercenary
and during lunch time at work.

Richard

The front and rear seats come with molded seat belet that can either be painted or decalled. I scrapped off the belts for the rear seat,
added a seat pad and made new belts from Tamiya putty, fine wire and plastic stock.

seat.jpg

(Tough to see white putty on white plastic.)

Now to do the same for the front seat.

Richard

Cool. Got one of these, maybe you'll convince me to pull it out and look at it again.
James

A couple of quick pictures of the tacked together major sub-assemblies. For a kit with only 50 parts, it takes up alot of space
when its together, 25 inch wing span and 11 inch fuselage. :blink

span.jpg

The bit of grey putty visible on the trailing edges fills in some errant engraved flight control lines as directed in the instructions.

Cockpit is alot simpler than the more familiar military cockpit.

ckpt.jpg

Still have to add the seat pad and belts for the front seat, then paint cockpit details and landing gear to close up the fuselage.

Cheers,
Richard

Out of the norm for me too, first civilian subject I've built. Although there are Armee de l'Air
markings in the kit.

Cheers,
Richard

Back