• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA ENTRY-ReconRon-6th Army Oberfeldwebel

reconron

Here's mine folks.

The 1:16 scale 6th Army Oberfeldwebel by Dragon.

CTA_1.jpg

CTA_2.jpg

I am going to do the paintwork the 'old school' way,meaning enamels and oils.

Greetings,Ron.

Nice that you gonna do it the classic way :D it can be to much washes and pigments sometimes :D
//Mats

Small update,

The figure comes together without too many problems,just the ppsh 41 submachinegun is a bit tricky.
Had to glue the 2 parts together and hold it tight with tape,because they are a bit bended.

CTA_ober1.jpg

The helmet is also in 2 parts,the upper half and the rim part.
I didn't really like it how these 2 parts came together.
Good thing is that I know LUC KLINKERS,a Dutch master,he kindly enough sculpted a helmet cover over the helmet in no time at all.[thanks Luc!] (y)

CTA_ober2.jpg

CTA_ober3.jpg

CTA_ober4.jpg

Have a look at Luc's site and enjoy especially his figure painting and sculpting;http://lucklinkers.nl/

That's it for now,more to come later.

Greetings,Ron.

Rockin' on!

The PPSH41 submachinegun;got a base coat of Humbrol 72 for the woodparts and Revell black 9 for the metal parts.Used Humbrol 27004 gunmetal on the black and polished it with a Q-tip.
The wood parts got a coat of 502 Abteilung oils on it.

KOP1.jpg

KOP2.jpg

The head got a treatment of 502 Abteilung oils over a enamel base;

KOP3.jpg

KOP4.jpg

KOP5.jpg

Faceman is not ready yet,have to feather out the oils some more together with some more work on it,but you can see were I am going with this one I guess.

More to come later,
Greetings,Ron.

Dear Ron.

...very nice entry...and you are doing a great job on this :dude

Best my friend :drinks

Luiz.

Back