• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - razordws - Sherman Firefly Vc

razordws

I've decided that I am going to start on my third build for this rather than the LCM. I want to sneak one more build in before the end of the year and I want to take my time on the LCM. I have a couple of free days here so this should go pretty quick.

Here's the obligatory start up photo.

01Firefly.jpg

Thanks Mike, these are very nice kits! (y)

Well, had pretty much a free day today and I'm letting the paint dry on the Macchi so I got in the zone and got lots done on this one. I used some of the PE included in the kit but there was some stuff that was just crazy small so I passed on it. Spent quite a bit of time on the carpet as it was with just the styrene parts. Carpet monster got a good feeding as I lost two parts. Both were small though and easily replaced. Construction is done except for the running gear which is all cleaned up and ready for a coat of paint before assembly. Should be mostly complete tomorrow except for some weathering. Comments welcome.

02Firefly.jpg

03Firefly.jpg

Thanks James. Don't blink! :eek:hyeah

Got some paint on this morning. After lunch I'll paint the road wheels and finish assembly. Did I say how much I am enjoying being off work!!! :dance :dance :dance

04Firefly.jpg

Calling this one done! Did an oil wash and then some pastels followed by a filter.

Markings are for 27th Canadian Armoured Rgt. 2nd Canadian Armoured Brig. France 1944

10Firefly.jpg

11Firefly.jpg

12Firefly.jpg

13Firefly.jpg

14Firefly.jpg

15Firefly.jpg

16Firefly.jpg

Back