• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry-Paul W-1/48 Revell F-101B

Paulw

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

My first one...In Memory of Mrs Jeanene (Pete) Putman

I remember Voodoos with some fondness. My first base, first night, living in transient barracks beside the Q. 0200 BANG BANG.....BANG BANG :blink 2 birds in full AB and my room waas vibrating. Loved it.

:popcorn
James

I counted the parts that built the wings an fuse and it came down to 14. As with most Revell kits there are some interesting places that will require filling.

IMG_1518.jpg

The win gaps look worse than they actually are. If you cement them in a certain order I think the gaps can be almost eliminated.

IMG_1520.jpg

The tail section is another matter though. I see some potential difficulties here because if the details and areas that have to be sanded. Maybe too small for some of the sanding sticks.

IMG_1522.jpg

All in all it is not a bad kit and for 48 it is quite impressive.

IMG_1517.jpg

And a massive seam on the cans sticking out the back Paul. Nasty seam.. Work it man :pilot

I was reading that the cans actually have a weld line down the middle. So in theory you could pass the seam off as that. Also two mikes resin claims they are releasing some resin ones soon.

It's not a weld seam it's where the skin overlaps.

From Prime portal

f-101b_59-0400_05_of_45.jpg

I ended up reskinning the cans with thin brass.

The voodoo that I do? This is pretty close to a voodon't but its not too bad if I want to spend a couple of months on this.

Here are some pics.

IMG_1677_zps277cf997.jpg

IMG_1676_zpsb631c7bb.jpg

IMG_1673_zpscd37a446.jpg

Talking about a pig, where's the lipstick?

:rotf I remember thinking thought like that when I built this eons ago. But it didnt stop me from doing a Koster conversion to a single seater Rf-101. I dont know if you're aware, but if you do a Canadian version only one of ours had slime lights on. That was the black jet used for ECM.
Keep up the good work Paul. (y) (y) (y)
James

The Voodoo is crashed,kaputski,Voodidn't, all those adjectives.
Ill be doing an A-7E instead.

Back