• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry, Paddy. Chieftain Tank FINISHED

paddy

DSC_6828.jpg

Here we go then, i have chosen Tamiya's 1:35 Chieftain tank, the British army's main battle tank during the 1970s. I chose this mainly because A/ I dont build armour as i am clueless about it :) and B/ I did a quick search and i couldn't find anyone else that had built this here . Just to pile on the pressure i bought the PE set from Eduard as well :S so it looks like i have to remove all the moulded in engine covers for a start......great ! Oh well ! no pain no gain some silly sod once said :laugh:
I couldn't find anything with the date on so the screen shows everyone else has already started .......so no surprise there then :)

DSC_6829.jpg

I have never seen a chieftain tank or any British Armour in these colours before.my guess is Tamiya made them up :)

Re: CTA Entry, Paddy. Chieftain Tank

The Time and Date stamp are on the home page at the bottom mate. :D
It took me a few week's to find the little bugger meself when I first joined. :bang head
No pressure for you paddy peice of cake for ya.

Kurt.

The Time and Date stamp are on the home page at the bottom mate. :D

It certainly is! :)

You could do it also the old fashioned way,if you got a subscription to a newspaper,you could use the date stamp on that one,that's just OK as well.

Looking forward to this one,Paddy!

Greetings,Ron.

Even though its one of Tamiya's Veteran kits, its a very easy build and comes out nicely.You probably have to deal with some cleaning up but other than that you shouldn't have any problems. :popcorn

Joe

Good choice Paddy. Nice kit of a cool tank. Here, if you want an interesting paint scheme google the Berlin paint scheme.

berlinchieftaintankfest2006b.jpg

James

Paddy my good friend, after this build I think you may need extensive aircraft therapy... :gogo :gogo

Good choice Paddy. Nice kit of a cool tank. Here, if you want an interesting paint scheme google the Berlin paint scheme.

berlinchieftaintankfest2006b.jpg

James

I did consider that James but its not random, its ultra a precise pattern because all the tanks had to look identical to confuse enemy about numbers. that makes it all rather difficult without a set of drawings for the pattern. anyway...could be a little ambitious for my first ever Tank :laugh:

Did you know a chieftain has 28 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wheels !!!!!!!!!

I dont like wheels :(

It's not a bad kit. I enjoyed the one I had. I leave the wheels on the trees until last.

Well its a start :) not a very exciting start but its a start !

wheels on

DSC_6830.jpg

PE engine grids fitted and dusted over green to check fit

DSC_6831.jpg

Looking at other peoples builds they seem to finish the kit then paint it !! well this is being built the airplane builders way :laugh:

It blows my mind how they can paint with all the stuff on Paddy. Well at least you got the wheels done :popcorn

Lots of fun today with some PE :)

DSC_6834.jpg

The latches on these tool boxes are under 1mm long and need folding ....lol
I love eduard PE and i love the way you get to see it on tanks (y)
The lines on the boxes are done by running a ballpoint pen on the inside with the PE on something soft ( before its folded ) :)

Back