• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA - entry- Nsmekanik - Academy 190 D-9

It's looking good Jeff, sorry about the tail wheel. Wish I had one in the stash, I'd send it to you. No sign of it yet?

First I'd like to thank everybody for stopping by, sorry I'm not the greatest for leaving feedback but I do really enjoy everyones builds and appreciate the tips I pick up along the way :drinks .

Thanks for the offer of a replacement tail wheel guys :D , I do appreciate it but it's all good. Fortunately I model barefoot, despite having scoured every inch the floor on my hands and knees(much to the amusement of my beautiful bride) all I could find is a lot of ugliness that generated a serious compulsion to vacuum. Apparently I didn't do a very good job or the time space continuum :zen isn't all it's cracked up to be cuase I find this :woohoo:
IMG_1078.jpg

imbedded in the heel of my foot later on in the day :D

:drinks

Sorry Tim....and don't call me Shirley..:rotf

Glad you found the tail wheel, could have been worse, you could have sat on it.

A while ago I received an airbrush as a gift from our very own Mr. Paul W.......
IMG_1089.jpg

Thanks Paul :D .
Well this old girls been around the block a few times, and if I have got the story straight it was probably a demo model at one time or another. I've always wanted a good gravity feed airbrush to help do those mottles we all know and luv so much, but i just haven't built anything in a while that has really been in need of seriously fine paintwork and that damned 155 is such a bad habit that I am loath to reach for another even though it really is need of a little Badger luvin.

The 155 really is no slouch when it come to fine lines and the like,
IMG_1090.jpg

but as it's a syphon feed getting the line started without a splatter is a bit problematic sssssooooooooo..........here we go Paul this ones for you.
IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg
IMG_1100.jpg

I need to practice a bit more I think as no improvement over the 155 as of yet more becuase I haven't done this in years and it's my first attempt at mottling with WEM paints. I'm having difficulty with them as I'm getting a pebbly finish so needless to say I didn't get as fine a spray as I would have liked. Any advice on thinning them would be appreciated, at the moment I'm trying MM thinner and Lacquer thinner.

Yes Tim they need thinned a LOT more than say MM enamels or the like. The paint is really thick out of the little tin. I've had good luck thinning them with lacquer thinner. For mottling I would start at about 60% thinner to paint and might go as high as 75%. It just all depends.

well Tim I was more than happy to send it out to you. You see when I first had it it did a TA 152 but a 190D is close enough. (y)

Back