• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA - entry- Nsmekanik - Academy 190 D-9

nsmekanik

IMG_0945.jpg

Decided to make a little progress on this one while I wait for some paint to dry. As you can see I've built one a while ago, well actually a very long while ago. It's a nice enough kit, goes together very well, in fact I don't recall using any filler on the last one. Apparently there are some "issues" with it but I have no idea what they are but the damned thing looks like a !90 D-9 and that's good enough for me.

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

Cheers :drinks

Doesn't matter about any so called issues as long as YOU are happy with it.

I like the looks of the finished one. I'll be watching this build too.

Thanks for sharing and cheers.

+1 :rotf

Things are moving along quickly, in fact I had to find something to do while waiting for the paint and glue to dry so I dug out a Panzer IV I've been puttering along with....
IMG_1062.jpg
IMG_1063.jpg

no putty and the wings/landing gear are just set in place
:drinks

Did you use the White Ensign RLM76 for this build? How did you lighten it up? Their 76 looks too blue - almost like 65, in my experience anyway...

Great looking build!

Things did not go well this morning, pulled out a drawer of paint from the top of my wall mounted shelf unit to check on a colour....................
IMG_1073.jpg

Ah well, out there somewhere in the alternate universe into which it was ejected at twice the speed of light I know my tailwheel assembly is cruising happily through the time space continuum and off into eternal bliss
:java

Hi Mike, it is too dark and to blue, I did not lighten it up but if I did I would add some light grey and a touch of green to it, the closest match to 76 I have at the moment is ModelMaster which could also use a touch of green , or Pollyscale is close enough as well.
IMG_1074.jpg

And Thanks :drinks

I'm sorry I should qualify things a bit, it's been a while since I looked at things so I'm in error. In WEM's defence their paint is an excellent match for one of the chips in Merricks Camouflage and Markings books, there are 2 RLM 76 chips in the colour chips supplied. The Chip in the previous post is the one in Eagle Editions Colour Chips booklet. Of The three Chips of RLM 76 supplied in Ulmans book, one is close the Eagle editions and one is close to the Darker one of Merricks. They are all essentially correct to their respective wartime manufactures, and I would hazard a guess that given Mr. Crandel of Eagle Editions interests that his colour chip would most likely be the best match for the 190's.
IMG_1076.jpg

That's too bad about the tail wheel Tim. I might have something in the spares box if you don't.

Is that an Arado 240 beside the 190?

:soldier

Back