• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry: Nerdling Panzer Kampwagen II Ausf. F/G

nerdling

Well I've gone through my entire stash and the P-40 is still awol. So I am assuming it went into the big trash can in the sky during the move. So this will be my official replacement for it. It is the 1/35 Tamiya Panzer Kampwagen II Ausf. F/G. From what I can tell this kit came out in the early 70s. Amazing how nice it looks for a kit that old.

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

This is what I have done to her so far.

IMG_4195.jpg

Got the turret all glued together. The hatch will go on last. I think I will go ahead and use the Tank commander. The troops will go into the spares bin since they look like hobbits

IMG_4196.jpg

All of the road wheels are glued together.

IMG_4197.jpg

The Hull is all glued together. Interesting that this kit began life as a battery operated toy. Will make it easy to paint though since the top is removable.

IMG_4198.jpg

Finally just dryfitting it to see how she will look. So far so good.

I plan on going with a standard early North Africa scheme.

I remeber building this kit when I was like 16... that was a loooooooong time ago and I think the kit was considered old back then too. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this Ryan! :D

Well my wife had the camera at her work all weekend so I didnt get any in progress stuff. But I finished the kit up yesterday. I used a combination of Tamiya and Vallejo paint. I then used some Flory wash and Tamiya weathering sets to dirty her up. Comments?

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

Not very good at figures yet. But I will say Vallejo paints are nice.

IMG_4316.jpg

Well my wife had the camera at her work all weekend so I didnt get any in progress stuff. But I finished the kit up yesterday. I used a combination of Tamiya and Vallejo paint. I then used some Flory wash and Tamiya weathering sets to dirty her up. Comments?

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

Not very good at figures yet. But I will say Vallejo paints are nice.

IMG_4316.jpg

Wow that was fast! Nice finish :soldier

Thanks guys!!! The kit just basically fell together. I had no issues at all with it. Even the rubber band tracks worked out great. I just primed them. Then painted them with Vallejo track primer ( a kind of oily brown color) then drybrushed with steel. I then used a wash and finally some Tamiya weathering powder.

Back