• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - Maus - PzIIIF

maus

My first entry in an on line contest. Hope I haven't stepped in to something that's over my head.

James

It's gonna go fine James (y) just post up the start pics with time and date and then you are ready to go :cheer: looking forward to see your build!
//Mats

Hi James! If you will, this is not a contest, it is a campaign to honor our friend. Your finished build gets you a spot in the prize drawing, call it a thank you for a job well done. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! (y)

Keine problem James. You do nice work so I'm sure you'll finish. I prod you if you slow down :evil:
James

DSC05488.JPG

DSC05491.JPG

Hi Guys

Thanks for the previous posts and comments, so noted.

This week was pretty busy but I managed to get 90% of the lower hull completed and started working on the upper hull and left fender.

If it works out the two photos are of when I did the time stamp and the second is my work so far.

One of the things I have noticed and it has been mentioned by others who have previously written reviews on this kit; is that you really have to pay attention to the instructions as there are mulitple sprues labelled "A" or parts incorrectly numbered.

James

Its been a busy two weeks at work and at home so not too much done, here's to hoping there will be more modeling time over the next week.
I've managed to get about 75% on the lower hull completed and just started on the turret tonight. The turret dry fit is a little scary hopefully it will all come together in the end.

James

DSC05492.JPG

DSC05494.JPG

Go ... James! Go ... James! Go ... James! Go ... James! Go ... James! Go ... James!

Cheers,

Bill

DSC05508.JPG

DSC05507.JPG

Hi Guys

It's been awhile but as work and winter blues took thier tool, but Thanks to James Knaus I got re-inspired about the kit and got alot done over Christmas. The Model is painted in the AK German Panzer Grey, Dunkelgrau Modulation Set, lent to to me by James to try. Once the last coat of paint dried for at least 24hrs I put a coat of MiGs Blue filter for Panzer Grey, so far so good. The pioneer tools are almost ready to go on as well as the tracks.

James

Fixed the pics for you James. That looks really cool. I see what you mean by the lightness of it, but maybe after the wash it will darken up and meld together. Cant wait to see it live. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

It's looking good, James! The modulation will be less distinct under your layers of weathering, but it helps keep the model from getting too dark. I'd say you're on the right track. (y)

https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10455/DSC05523.JPG

Hi

I have managed to get the decals on and the vehicle dulcoted, all that is left is adding the pioneer tools, weathering and sprucing up the tracks. I learnt a valuable lesspn putting the decals on as there are suppose to be two large "Ace of spades" on the rear of the turret, but I screwed up and wrecked one of the spades while I was trying to work it over the back left pistol port. I think next time I will leave the pistol port covering off and paint it white, place the decal and then place the pistol port on the model. Oh well. B)

Back