• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry KV-2 -Tank

Tanks yall. Sorry for being slack. Havn't had time to work on it, plan to change that this weekend.

Talked to Neil about the Lion Roar set, here is his thoughts to my questions.

Radiator intake screens are the wrong shape. The side-to-side curvature of the screens includes the outside frames, which should actually be flat. Use the Eduard set TP089. ( Just ordered from Lucky Model, it shouldn't slow down the build.)

Don't use the small box, it didn't appear until the end of 1941 and was never fitted to KV-2s.

Has a bunch of other useful parts.
---

I am also thinking about building my own fenders. The plastic looks to think and straight, most photos show varying degrees of warpage/damage. Lion Roar has the bracket replaced anyway. Just need to find a suitable and cheap material to use.

Now to get off the computer and build.

This is where mine ended up.

246.jpg

247.jpg

248.jpg

The white part near the wheel is a lost part I had to rebuild. While not great it will do it's part under paint.

I have some pe grill work on the engine, finish the pe boxes then the fun part painting and weathering to finish her off.

Lookin' good, Tank! That little part looks fine from here- and tanks do get muddy... ;)

I'm still working on mine- getting some sub-units painted this weekend in the stripped-down studio. Keep goin', man!

:soldier :soldier :soldier

All I have left is paint and weathering. Comrade is painted white for a base so I can use oil paints, per a club demo.

003-7.jpg

004-8.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-4.jpg

Finally had a warm day to paint, was playing with AK Interactive 4BO set.

095.jpg

I need more practice.

Are you sure that's not the Dunkelgelb set? I don't recall any yellow in my 4BO set. :idonno

The effect looks good, but needs to be green. :coolio

It is green. I guess the white balance is out of whack. The background is a light blue pretty close to Carolina blue. Will try some in the sun tonight if it sticks around.

Back