• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry- Firesmacker- F-16C Aggressor

Decided to go with something that has more to it so I dug out one of the Tamiya 1/48 F-16s I have in the stash.(What? Tell Hobby Lobby to stop putting them on clearance and I'll stop buying them :pp )

F-16003.jpg

:pilot

Thanks, guys.

Cockpit tub and main gear well is done:

F-16002.jpg

F-16001.jpg

F-16003-1.jpg

The IP and ejection seat don't need to be done until further down the line so I haven't started them yet.

Thanks for looking.

The majority of the assembly is done. I'm going to give the primer another day to cure before I start painting the aggressor scheme:

Viper001.jpg

looking forward to the paintjob on this one,Jeff! :popcorn

[Armor dude Ron once did a F-16...long,long time ago in a galaxy far,far away] :D

Greetings,Ron.

I think I'm going to stop screwing with this one. I'm tired of masking, re-masking, fixing, deciding I don't like it, re-masking, masking and on and on. I've spent the last week messing with this paint scheme. Time to move on.

I had a big Future run on the right wing that I had to clean up and fix so that explains the weird looking area:

Viper001-1.jpg

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

This one is officially out of the running. I can go down the list of all the problems but don't have the energy.

I've found myself over the last few days, holding the plane in my hand, looking at the wall and wondering if it could really fly so I put it away.

Yesterday, after thinking of how to fix the paint mistakes, I decided to fix the white first. I was painting along in my merry way when one of my kids walked in and scared the crap out of me. I sprayed white all over the tail.

The gods have spoken. This one is done.

Back