• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - Dragunov - T-70M Early

Dragunov

Finally I can start building to! I'm building the MiniArt T-70M Special Edition, Early model.

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank01.jpg

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank02.jpg

I will do my best to make this my best build ever, and dedicate it to John "Tanktrax" Marcus.

Erik

Hi guys, did a little bit of work on this very nice little kit, it has some very small parts but what would you expect from a little tank like this! :D

Here som pics;

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank03.jpg

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank04.jpg

I just noticed an issue with on of the roadwheels, in this pic the one in the centre;

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank05.jpg

It's off set :hmmm The rubber on the right side of the wheel is thicker than on the left site.

Looking more closely to the sprue (D) of wich you get two in the kit, it's only one of the 8 wheels on each sprue with this problem!

On this pic it's the right one;

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank06.jpg

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank07.jpg

So i'll have to remove the middle roadwheel on my kit and replace it with a correct one, fortunately the kit comes with a total of 16 roadwheels (of wich 2 are offset)and 13 are being used, so not a big problem here.

Thanks for looking

Erik

The what the what?? That is one of the oddest kit flaws I've ever seen- good eye, Erik! Good thing there are spare wheels. That's a very interesting little tank- a mini-T-34, for sure!

The what the what?? That is one of the oddest kit flaws I've ever seen- good eye, Erik! Good thing there are spare wheels. That's a very interesting little tank- a mini-T-34, for sure!

Hi Chuck,

Indeed it's an odd flaw, to be honoust at first I didn't see what was wrong, but I saw something was wrong :idonno After a long look I finally noticed the problem :ro:

Here's a picture of a good and a bad wheel, note the position of the 6 bolds in the centre of the wheels :S ;

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank11.jpg

Apart from this flaw, it's still a great little kit to build, I realy like it!

Thanks for the comments, and greetings from Holland!

Erik

Thanks for the comments (y)

Now for a little update, did a lot of PE :gogo not realy my favorite thing, hate to work with it but sometimes love the result :idonno

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank13.jpg

it looks better with PE, but ............. :gogo :gogo

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank12.jpg

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank15.jpg

Back to the bench for me now, a lot of tiny parts to put on, including some PE!!

Thanks for looking

erik

Gotta start taking a look at some of these CTA builds.

I know what you mean about PE Erik, takes a lot of patience!

Looking good so far, I never knew the soviets had a light tank! I've learned something new today!

Thanks all for the nice comments (y)

Looking good, Erik! What did you use for the heat wrap on the exhausts? (y)
Hi Mike, I used masking tape, the flexible paper type house painters use and cut it into thin strips.

Yesterday I finished building this little tank, Only have to build the tracks, I want to use the workable tracks from MiniArt.

This was my first MiniArt kit and I realy liked building it, looking forward to build the T-80 variant of this kit.

Here the pics of the finished T-70M, now it on to painting :ro:

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank19.jpg

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank16.jpg

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank17.jpg

22T-70MEarlySovietLightTank18.jpg

Thanks for looking :notworthy Comments always welcome!!

Erik

Back