• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA ENTRY-DOLLAR 19- MITSUBISHI A6M2 ZERO zeke

dollar19

Here's my entry to the CTA. I have some Eduard Colar Zoom on order to spruce up the pit some, but it's not here yet. I do have WEM Colorcoats enamel, Mitsubishi Interior Green and ACJ16 Gray-Green for the exterior.

I did considerable research and gleaned from that the WEM colors are as close as it gets short of custom mixing your own colors.

I'm looking forward to building this little model and can't think of a more noble cause.

On to the start up pictures.......

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

This was one of the first 1/48 Tamiya kit's I built,it's a nice kit,loved it.
Now show me how it should be done. :yipee

Just a little update. I'm still waiting for the Eduard cockpit set to get here so I really haven't done much more than wash the sprues and fondle the plastic. I have glued the two halves of the cowling together and smoothed out the seam.

On another note! Our first grand child is due this week!! As you can imagine me and the missus are a little jittery. So we have tried to be ready a moments notice and hit the road when the call comes. So progress will be slow here for the next week or so.

Oh yeah, IT'S A BOY!!!! Now I'll have a grasshopper to teach the mysteries of the universe to. And how to not get glue all over the canopy.

I'll post an update when the time comes! (y)

Congratulations! I love the fact you are thinking of teaching him about your hobbies.

Regards,

Thanks guys!

Just one pic today..... I got some paint on the engine face. I not going too crazy here because the spinner and cowl lip cover most of it up.

z.jpg

This finally came in the mail. Now maybe I can get started for real.

z002.jpg

How hard is it to make a Hasegawa Pe set fit in a Tamiya cockpit??
I think some of you know where I bought this.... I saw the post after the fact.

As luck would have it, the PE that I ordered was WRONG! :bang head . I ordered for a Tamiya and got a Hasegawa instead. So rather than fool around with an exchange thru Evilbay, I took the $8.00 hit in the wallet and found a good home for it, with a favor TBD in the future. So. No PE for this build, you wouldn't see much if any of it anyway except for the belts which I'll do with some tape.

All that being said I got some Mitsubishi Int. Green sprayed onto the appropriate parts and after some Future I'll get the IP decal in place and post up some more piccys. One other thing I did do was drill some lightening holes in the seat back. Tamiya molded it as a solid back so I found a picture of a Zero seat and approximated the pattern loosely and drilled away. It may not be correct but it will look the part under a closed canopy.

zero2.jpg

Zero.jpg

Back