• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - Adam - P-38F 1/48 Hasegawa

Thanks guys. Tonight I finally got the paint on.

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

I"m really happy how the preshade came out although you can't tell that much from the pictures.

Decals to follow soon!

Very cool . Like the face . I thought it was an F-5E when I first looked at the paint.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks again guys! Well I've had a busy, eventful, and productive night. Started off with the decals. Everything was going along great until I got to the bat face thing. Trying to get the first side in position I messed up terribly. The decal got all wrinkled and folded under itself and all gobbed up to the point I was going to toss it and go with the other option. :bang head Well I decided to try something first. I took the WAD of decal and threw it back in my dish of water. With careful application of pressure with brushes and tweezers I managed to get the thing all unfolded and laying flat on the bottom of the dish. Then, still under water I cut it into small pieces. I then applied these to the model. It worked! I then cut the other side the same way before I put it in the water and applied them and didn't have any issues. So decaling done, I was on to flat coat. Once again everything was going great and looking good until I got distracted for a second. When I looked back down there was a huge pool of flat and laquer thinner where the port wing meets the boom. it ran down the nacelle too under the boom. :bang head Sooooooo I let it dry and luckily being flat it dried really fast. Then I sanded it down, re painted, and re flatted. You can see it if you look really closely but from a foot it ain't bad and at this point I DON'T CARE! :bang head So anyhoo, here's where I am:

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

You gotta love this face!

DSC00394.jpg

Also got most of the fiddly fiddly bits done. Can't wait to attach all that landing gear linkage! :bang head

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

So that's where I am tonight. Weathering tomorrow night! :beer :beer :beer :beer

Thanks for looking in! :Hiay

Stop banging your head!!! damned nice work - glad you persevered with the nose decal!

:drinks

Thanks guys! We are getting really close now. Just some small things and details left to do. Hopefully I can get it all finished up tomorrow and get some pictures.

DSC00407.jpg

SOON! :pilot

Back