• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Colossus-Building the Bismarck-Trumpeter 1/200th

Good solution Laurence! Yeah I suspect some of the AM companies design the stuff but never actually build a prototype.

Looks Good GIF.gif

Fantastic Lawrence!

This will definitely be your masterpiece, so far that is!

All those tiny details are very impressive!

Keep goin' my friend!

Bob

Damn. Such finesse. My clunky fingers can't do such fine detail like that. :Drinks:
A while back I was avoiding the PE as much as I could. Then, practice, practice and more practice, I got used to some of it. I still swear a lot when doing it.

Fantastic Lawrence!

This will definitely be your masterpiece, so far that is!

All those tiny details are very impressive!

Keep goin' my friend!

Bob

Thanks Bob - it certainly is the biggest thing I have ever attempted to build so far. I am looking forward to finishing the model, so I could make a start on the water.

Laurence

Right, time for a small update ...

IMG_6062.JPG

Plane is dry fitted, everything else is locked in.

IMG_6055a.JPG

Turret A (Anton) is dry fitted - still needs some painting and weathering.

Aftermarket_PE.jpg

The smoke stack - instructions - all PE is from the aftermarket kit. Just to show what sort of madness this is. Platform marked b (above) has over 50 PE parts alone. All done now.

Thanks for watching,

Laurence

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!

:notworthynotworthy:notworthynotworthy:notworthynotworthy:notworthynotworthy:notworthynotworthy:notworthynotworthy

I can't wait to see that in water!

I can't believe your rate of improvement since joining this website! It has been nothing short of fantastic watching it!

You Da Man Laurence!

Bob

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!

:notworthynotworthy:notworthynotworthy:notworthynotworthy:notworthynotworthy:notworthynotworthy:notworthynotworthy

I can't wait to see that in water!

I can't believe your rate of improvement since joining this website! It has been nothing short of fantastic watching it!

You Da Man Laurence!

Bob
Thank you Bob, I appreciate that a lot!!! Having said that, I could have not done it alone.

I am really looking forward to seeing the ship in the water too, but I am afraid that might take a while still.

Things are moving ahead way too slowly .....

Laurence

Normally I wouldn't post an update after sticking two more pieces together, but these are two big pieces that change the appearance of the whole thing - the two masts, another example of two pieces of madness, made of a ton of PE pieces, all from the MK1 aftermarket - the kit parts are all plastic.

IMG_6081a.JPG

IMG_6080.JPG

Some of the turrets have been removed, to make it easier to install the handrails. More about that later, when I put in place the rails along the main deck.

One flaw with this kit is that there are not enough life boats if you chose to do it in the Baltic colors. Back then, there were life boats on the main deck, later removed. There are no boats in the aftermarket either, so I had to scratch some stuff.

Boat_on_Deck.jpg

The davits are present, resin, but so bent that are unusable, have to scratch those too. For the boats I used one of the ones mounted on top of the hangars as a sample, then sheets styrene, milliput and white paint. They will be covered and I will do some straps too.

IMG_6074a.JPG

They need some cleaning, but that's what they look like now.

Thanks for watching,

Laurence

Back