• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Close combat in the desert

Bagge

Here is my start pics, i will use some of these figures to make a little scene in the display case.
P1080496.JPG

P1080497.JPG

(ps it's Veerles mobile :blush: )
//Mats

Re: Close combat in the dessert

Better get started on this one, it will be a small scene of a close up battle in the dessert.
Started with these two guys (not sure what it is with girls :hmmm but Veerle liked this stage of the build.... :blush: )
Made a stretched sprue to reinforce the joint between the two fighters.
P1080709.JPG

The fit of these figures are very nice and hardly no flash to clean up, i use the Tamiya displaycase and it is perfect because you can glue supports and things to the botton part (it will later be covered in sand)
P1080715.JPG

Bottom
P1080716.JPG

Here is where i left of this evening
P1080717.JPG

P1080718.JPG

:soldier
//Mats

Have a name for it, :) "The rats of Tobruk"
http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/the-rats-of-tobruk/
//Mats

I want to see that Gwerman with eyes thats crossed. Bet all the guys that see it says OW!!!

OW!...and because the victim is German,add:Scheisse verdammt noch mal! :pinch: :D

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks guys! yes i feel the pain to, but it's war!
Here is what i manage to do today, i choosed the figures to use and glued them up, some small things left but that's for after painting (heads etc)
P1080719.JPG

P1080725.JPG

P1080727.JPG

P1080728.JPG

It's gonna be a busy little diorama but i like the action, now i just have to pick up some vallejo paint.
//Mats

OK Mats now that you know where you're headed it's time to work your magic. :geek

Tony lee

Will be a very cool vignet Mats. I just noticed something though. The one German has a cam cover on his helmut, and I dont think I have ever seen any dessert troops wearing those. I could be very wrong though. Just thought I should mention it. Hand to hand sure is brutal and I think this shows that to good effect.
James

I just noticed something though. The one German has a cam cover on his helmut, and I dont think I have ever seen any dessert troops wearing those. I could be very wrong though.

Thanks for all the nice comments :blush: , and James you might be right, they have 2 options in the kit, with or without the cover.
Luckily the helmet is not glued yet so it's an easy fix :D

I like these sets of figures very much, the equipment fits well (always have trouble with dragons german ammo pouches)

Big (y) Master Box for the nice kits you give us!

//Mats

Good results at the workbench today :D
I tried to add a little realism to the figures hairstyle (thin glue and then dabb a cotton bud over it)
P1080729.JPG

Yes he looks like the professor from back to the future but after a haircut it looks better :fencing
P1080732.JPG

Also made the sling for the pistol
Drilled small holes (0,5mm no idea how much that is in inches, sorry :idonno ) at he's neck, and glued the thread there with superglue.
P1080730.JPG

And then the same at the other end.
P1080733.JPG

Some close ups.
P1080736.JPG

James, i found a new helmet for him in the scrap box.
P1080737.JPG

P1080738.JPG

Trying to figure out what paints to use, because the two boxes from Masterbox give two different paintnumbers!
It will be a mix of what looks good to the eye i guess (and what's on the shelf at the LHS)
Goodnight :Hiay
//Mats

Back