• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Churchill MkIII - 'KingForce' - Done

Chris ITA

Hi Guys,

Well I finished my KingForce Churchill :)

Hope you like it, all comments are definitely welcome!

IMG_9309.jpg

IMG_9308.jpg

IMG_9307.jpg

IMG_9305.jpg

IMG_9303.jpg

IMG_9301.jpg

IMG_9300.jpg

IMG_9299.jpg

IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

Thanks Guys :laugh:

There are a few things I'm not fully happy with, but this is for my 'Inside the Armour' trade stand for shows, to show the interior off on a completed model, and it succeeds at that (more successfully 'in the flesh' as you can seem more of the interior)

The hardest thing was not weathering it more. I really wanted to chip and rust away as those things work really well on a desert scheme, but the Kingforce tanks were virtually brand new at Alamein and were not used after the battle, so heavy weathering would have been very unrealistic

Glad you like it and many thanks for the comments :)

Model Maniac wrote:
Very nice work there! I wonder what company offers this armor and does it come with interior details?

Thanks :) This is the AFV Club MkIII Churchill. The interior is a kit I produce through my company 'Inside the Armour'

There are also a few 'additions' to make it a Kingforce tank which are just scratch details

In the interests of public information ( :huh: ) I made a few mistakes on this, so I will list them just in case someone is foolhardy enough to do what I did :S

1. the turret stowage bin is wrong. the Kingforce ones had a simpler earlier type with no 'clipped' corners at the bottom, just a rectangular box

2. the exhausts are not quite right, they should be about 3mm longer and terminate in a sqaured end, not a sloped cut

3. the sunshield rails should be the short one at the front (which I have correct!) but then a single long one that runs above the side intake instead of two interrupted by the intakes

Hope that helps someone

Chris

Back