• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Charlie Still Don't Surf: AH-1G Late

Duke Maddog

Okay, now that I actually have something for this, here is my model and the starting steps I took to build this.

This is my AZModel AH-1G Late. I hope I'm gonna be accurate, but I'll be doing my best just to finish it:

full

Here's the inside showing it wasn't started when I originally planned to join:

full

And now for the work I did so far...

The cockpit of course. Here it is cemented to one side of the fuselage:

full

I later got it painted:

full

While that was drying, I masked off the canopy:

full

Here's everything all nice and closed up:

full

Finally I added the winglets, tail, tail feathers, canopy and exhaust scoop:

full

A few more details and it'll be ready for paint.

Stay tuned.

Looking good except that the cockpit on VN era Cobras were lt gray not black. The pattern of the teeth on the box looks ike it came from my unit. Gary S.

Thank you for letting me know. I guess I got carried away when I was painting the Zulu Cobra cockpit. Canopy might still be loose; if it is I'll rectify that, otherwise I'll just have to keep this information at hand for the next time and finish an inaccurate model.

Well, here it is August, and I just squeaked this one in under the wire. It might not be accurate but I did my best to make it like it should be.
I realize I didn't do too many in progress pics of this, but at least there's a couple more than my other helicopter.

AH-1G Late by AZ Models:

full

full

full

It was quite an ordeal doing these two helicopters. Both Special Hobby and AZ Models do not make things simple, especially sine their diagrams are so small and difficult to make out. Still, I'm calling this one done.

Do I still get my ribbon or are these too late?

Back