• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Charlie Still Don't Surf!: 5 Ton Gun Truck w/APC References

Thanks Saul, I appreciate the heads up! Pulling the trigger on the markings is the easy part, coming up with the courage to start that monster kit is a whole other story!

View attachment 142254
I'm sure not everyone doesn't give a damned about starting a new project without finishing any of the other dozens started! :D I don't recall that Ma Deuce accessory! Looking it up to get.
14.00-20 is a big tire.

Indeed, I have the Tank Workshop M123 tires but they're even larger at 14.00x24 so I am SOL at the moment.

Regards,

Well, I connected to my WSAN and found a folder with over 5000 veteran gun truck photos. Most are not of the best quality or of the trucks themselves.

Lifer the lifer.jpg

Liferthelifer 2[1].jpg

Outlaw's rear after an incident.
Outlaw after wreck Roger LaFontaine.jpg
Paladin Old paint job.jpg
Paladin rear.jpg

Here is another version of Paladin.
Paladin.jpg

Regards,

Wow, these are some awesome pics! I also never knew there were so many truck APC combos. I only wish I could do one; nobody does 5-ton trucks in 1/72 scale! At least not US Army ones...

Ok...Starting to give this some serious thought...So Saul let's test them research skillz!! How about a few shots of the inside of the APC's so we can see how they were configured...:coolio2:

Ok...Starting to give this some serious thought...So Saul let's test them research skillz!! How about a few shots of the inside of the APC's so we can see how they were configured...:coolio2:

Only a few glimpses of the interior are available but they were simply gutted of the engine, transmission, and (obviously) suspension. Although lashed down, the seating (other than the driver) was still there.

tom-015-4-jpg.141748

In the case of King Kong, the engine room bulkhead was removed to make a passageway for a crewmember to be able to reach the truck's cabin.

king-kiong-file0211-jpg.141712

1633968783362.png

Pay attention to the rerouted exhaust, different truck (front tires & markings) below...
1633968849310.png

Regards,

I would have truly been surprised if any "good" shots were out there. Interesting arrangement on "King Kong".
:victory:

You have definitely been doing your research Saul, excellent pics. I still have an AFV quad gun truck on the shelf, though it's not accurate, and an AFV M35A2 as well. They are both in the cue for another build, South Hue this time.

Standing by to stand by:dude:

P.S. fine stash Ken;)

Back