• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bunker Hill Corsair.

Plastik Smurff

My offering for this campaign.

DSC_0146_rs.jpg

DSC_0147_rs.jpg

A simple kit but it should paint up alright.

This will be a navy bird,1945.And this is the man that flew her :salute :notworthy

medals_dist_fly_cross_100x200.jpg

William L. Gerner
Home of record: Dallas Texas

AWARDS AND CITATIONS
Distinguished Flying Cross
See more recipients of this award

Awarded for actions during the World War II

(Citation Needed) - SYNOPSIS: Lieutenant William L. Gerner, United States Navy, was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for extraordinary achievement while participating in aerial flight as Section Leader of a group of planes in Fighting Squadron EIGHT (VF-8), embarked in U.S.S. BUNKER HILL (CV-17), over Tokyo, on 25 February 1945.
General Orders: Bureau of Naval Personnel Information Bulletin No. 367 (September 1947)

Action Date: February 25, 1945

Service: Navy

Battalion: Fighting Squadron 8 (VF-8)

Division: U.S.S. Bunker Hill (CV-17)

This will be a navy bird,1945.And this is the man that flew her :salute :notworthy

medals_dist_fly_cross_100x200.jpg

William L. Gerner
Home of record: Dallas Texas

AWARDS AND CITATIONS
Distinguished Flying Cross
See more recipients of this award

Awarded for actions during the World War II

(Citation Needed) - SYNOPSIS: Lieutenant William L. Gerner, United States Navy, was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for extraordinary achievement while participating in aerial flight as Section Leader of a group of planes in Fighting Squadron EIGHT (VF-8), embarked in U.S.S. BUNKER HILL (CV-17), over Tokyo, on 25 February 1945.
General Orders: Bureau of Naval Personnel Information Bulletin No. 367 (September 1947)

Action Date: February 25, 1945

Service: Navy

Battalion: Fighting Squadron 8 (VF-8)

Division: U.S.S. Bunker Hill (CV-17)

Kewl!! (y)

A bit of a start on this. Thrown a little bit of wire at the donk.

DSC_0150_rs.jpg

DSC_0152_rs.jpg

DSC_0153_rs.jpg

Will spray a little primer and try to make this a passable engine.

The gun port's were very ordinary so I stuck some tube in em. Yes I did push them back into the fairings as to not stick out. :D

DSC_0154_rs.jpg

Sprayed some primer about and ya don't want to see pics of that.
I have decided to build this with a full weapon load as the pics I have found seem to show that they went from the hill fully loaded.
Is this correct ?

Good question Bob :hmmm Most pics I've seen of Bunker Hill birds, they had rockets & a centerline drop tank... left the bombs for the Helldivers

Sorry guy's that's what I intended to mean, rockets and the tank.

corsar_07_rs.jpg

I'am assuming that they only used the one drop tank for the Tokyo raid.

Back