• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #2: T-55A - D O N E

Build #2: T-55A - Painted

Tamiya acrylics cut about 40/60 with Tamiya lacquer thinner:

hf3370ee.jpg

Pre shaded with White, Deck Tan & Buff

hed05c60.jpg

RAF Cockpit Green:

h8fe1cd5.jpg

h8435376.jpg

Olive Green:

Both camo tones post-shaded with lightened versions of the original colour especially on the upper facing surfaces where the Afghan sun would fade the paint the most.

Next... decals.

Have a great rest of the weekend, folks.

Ian.

Nice base color laid on there, should weather up great! :good:

I am very much looking forward to more of this, as I am a T-55 fan, mostly due to it's use virtually everywhere in the world.

Build #2: T-55A - Decalled

Star Decals went-on easily...

hbb7f598.jpg

h59d0654.jpg

h8d118dd.jpg

...snuggled down so easily even over all those myriad equipment hooks on the rear of the turret - very impressed with them :notworthy So next, a pin-wash then on with layering the weathering. Stay tuned. :soldier

Ian.

Love the how the colors work together on this and the Castrol barrel on the back gives some great contrast, looking forward to seeing the weathering.

:v
ER

Who Called? Decalled and she wants a refund! :rotf

Looks good so far!

Huh ? - I just read that twice, Doc.... it still makes no sense to me :idonno - maybe it's one of those 'lost in translation' things ?

Ian.

Build #2: T-55A - chipped and washed

:soldier Some light chipping and scratches followed by a dark brown wash:

h11c186e.jpg

h09a1f20.jpg

First time using Mig's enamel wash - not too impressed as it really does need cutting by another 50% to get the proper consistency for an overall AFV wash. Just my opinion y'all understand, your experience my differ.

Next an oil-dot filter. Have a great weekend folks. Best from New Zealand.

Ian.

Nice work so far. :soldier I would like to see how you dot filter works. I tried it on a F-14 and made a mess. Had to wipe it off. Gary S.

...and I was missing this one :facepalm ... just amazing!

Luiz.

Star Decals went-on easily...

hbb7f598.jpg

h59d0654.jpg

h8d118dd.jpg

...snuggled down so easily even over all those myriad equipment hooks on the rear of the turret - very impressed with them :notworthy So next, a pin-wash then on with layering the weathering. Stay tuned. :soldier

Ian.

I know others have already said it but the Castro’s drum really puts this on another level, just incredible work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’

Back