• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #2 - F9F-5KD Panther 'On Deck'

ij001

Second build for this campaign is now going to be the RoG re-tool & reissue of the original Monogram 1:48 F9F-2 Panther. I'll be building almost straight from the box including the excellent decals, the only extra being a Pavla resin seat.

I started with a couple of pics on the 'on the bench today' thread a day or so ago, totally forgetting that it qualifies for this Campaign... :facepalm

OK on with the photos - not going to bother with captions as they are all self-explanatory.

h5a0741d.jpg

he778929.jpg

h02689e1.JPG

h04292c9.JPG

More in a minute...

Ian.

(New) Build #2 - F9F-5KD Panther

h5fcd5ba.JPG

hf72a71f.JPG

hd2bb7ff.JPG

h0952900.JPG

h74d1bca.JPG

hece6883.JPG

Thanks for looking-in, please feel free to leave any criticism, comment or questions.

Ian.

I remember building this one. Nice pit. The logo really annoyed me when I did mine. I mean this was unheard of at the time this kit came out. So what scheme are you doing?
James

Drone Controller from VU-1. Instructions say 1957 out of NAS China Lake...

... :idonno

Ian.

I built this kit a few yrs ago that I have had for a long time. It too was sold as a -5 out of the box. Great job!! Gary

Main construction finished, all filled'n sanded and wearing two tones of Tamiya aerosol primer !!

hd853c7b.JPG

h114349d.JPG

hf39132e.JPG

Ian.

Back