• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #1: IL2 - D O N E

IL2 - Ready for paint

IL2 now wearing an overall light blue/grey coat - pretty close to the interior tone - which I'll let dry for couple of days before pre-shading:

h5aa0d94.jpg

Slow progress...

Ian.

IL2 - Ready for paint

Nice job. Such a cool airplane I put it right up there with the A-10 and the Stuka. I can’t wait to see it painted.

IL2 - Pre-shaded

the panel lines look like black but they're actually HUmbrols' very old 'Panzer Gray', the lighter tone is H129 'Light Gull Grey'

he4dd9ea.jpg

h911c073.jpg

h163cd49.jpg

Next, underside blue ! - Best from NZ.

Ian.

IL2 - main painting done

Finally got my a*se-in-gear and started the colouring-in just before the weekend:

h0fcc297.jpg

h1092164.jpg

...and finished it last-night:

h081b28a.jpg

h60db52a.jpg

hc757790.jpg

All looks a bit 'washed-out' at the moment, but with a brown filter and dark brown washes it will 'warm up' quite a bit.

More soon, stay tuned :pilot

Ian.

IL2 - decals

Not what I planned because the Authentic Decals simply broke apart into molecule sized pieces as soon as they hit the water so...

h0eb963e.jpg

h9139c52.jpg

...Italeri & Eduard decals to the rescue. Eduard ones are glossy and beautifully printed, Italeri (kit) decals are, well - typically Italeri :hmmm .

No matter, a few chips and scratches in the wing roots followed by a couple of semi-matt clear coats and the main airframe will be done, then on to final assembly. Real life permitting, should be all done in ten days or so.

AFN.

Ian.

IL2 - D O N E

Finished-off this afternoon:

h155d186.jpg

Other than the self-destructing decals a thoroughly enjoyable project. Thanks for following along, folks, always appreciated and never taken for granted.

Ian.

Back