• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Brazilian AH-2 Sabre (Mi-35) in 1/72

Looks excellent Alex! I think the grey is spot on. Any lighter and it wouldn't look right next to the green. Way to go! I love how crisp your canopy frames are.

Thanks again my friends.

The canopies soaked in Future for 2 weeks almost! just had to redo the "Joints" but I guess they are ok now.

The decals are in. I love the low visibility Brazilian Roundel (actually a star). Now on to weathering and I shall be done.

See Luiz I did correct the "forca" and "aerea" with the appropriate signs (otherwise it would mean "Brazilian flying Gallows"... ! :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers

Alex

h232d0e3.jpg

h0a3a884.jpg

he4c5334.jpg

ha6419a5.jpg

h25f69ca.jpg

h86abe2a.jpg

h5e41ac3.jpg

h159b7a7.jpg

hfcb742e.jpg

h0eb4ca9.jpg

h960e122.jpg

You betcha Master Bob.

Actually this was such a cool Project that I will start briefly another Mi-24. I just loved it.

Cheers

Alex
:choppa

Nice. Looks completely different in the darker colors.

Nice. Looks completely different in the darker colors.

Yes it does. I really like this gray-green scheme of the FAB, most airplane look rather unique in this. I am planning a Brazilian UH-60 just Need to get the decals sent custom made from Brazil.

Cheers

Alex

Hi friends,

So I finished this one as well. The painting is still too thick although with Eric's invaluable help I am getting great tips on how to solve this. I also tried a new weathering System in which I tried to make more convincing oil spots under the rotor. In any case These Hinds are stationed in the Amazon Border (Porto Velho) so they are greatly exposed to the elements.

The Diorama is just an attempt at some fun... very much in accordance to the brazilian way of life.

I hope you like it. At least, it was a good learning experience with choppers, which I had seldom done before.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Alex

h328c3c1.jpg

h4807584.jpg

ha3e1f87.jpg

h200a3de.jpg

h7ac3278.jpg

h3273417.jpg

h98c3138.jpg

h254e402.jpg

hfad9f43.jpg

h601f8bc.jpg

Great JOB!! (y)

Sorry for the later reply on this one Alex...But hey this looks great and I really like the display, it adds to the overall perception!
:v

Thanks very much Mark, Bob, Eric and Luiz. It is in my view definitely a step in the right direction, although not there yet. I love doing Dioramas and this was another opportunity to bring things into perspective.

Since I am in a "Brazilian mood" expect more Brazilian birds from me soon.

Cheers

Alex

:choppa

Back