• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BR86 LOCOMOTIVE

Looking great so far Terry! Question, do you scrape off the paint in areas you are adding the new parts? Seems like bonding problems could occur if you don't.

Looking great so far Terry! Question, do you scrape off the paint in areas you are adding the new parts? Seems like bonding problems could occur if you don't.

Some times I do, but I've had no problems so far.

Thanks

:)

Getting some steam up. Added one of the steam cylinders.

DSC06623~0.JPG

DSC06624~0.JPG

DSC06625~0.JPG

DSC06626~0.JPG

B)

That frame looks as though it is made out of heavy iron instead of plastic. Beautiful stuff, T.

I painted the steam cylinder. Pin washed and dry brushed the frame.

DSC06627~0.JPG

DSC06628~0.JPG

DSC06629~0.JPG

DSC06630~0.JPG

DSC06631~0.JPG

DSC06632~0.JPG

DSC06633~0.JPG

DSC06634~0.JPG

DSC06635~0.JPG

B)

Lookin' good Terry,

You never hear people talk about weathering red. I think it is every bit as difficult to weather as white or yellow. For years I found it impossible to dry brush as it always made it pink. Then I learned that Humbrol Matt 72 khaki drill and Matt 60 flat red mix worked but, still has to be very subtle.

I love those old locomotives!

Bob

Lookin' good Terry,

You never hear people talk about weathering red. I think it is every bit as difficult to weather as white or yellow. For years I found it impossible to dry brush as it always made it pink. Then I learned that Humbrol Matt 72 khaki drill and Matt 60 flat red mix worked but, still has to be very subtle.

I love those old locomotives!

Bob

I used cadmium red and cadmium yellow oil paint for this. Kinda gives it a orange tint.

Thanks!

Ok I knew in couldn't last. I just had to add some details. So I added some air brake lines and drip oilers.

DSC06636.JPG

DSC06637~0.JPG

DSC06638~0.JPG

Added the other steam cylinder plus....

DSC06639~0.JPG

DSC06640~0.JPG

DSC06641~0.JPG

Adding the air brake tanks and adding the bleed valves....still in progress

DSC06642~0.JPG

DSC06645.JPG

DSC06646.JPG

B)