• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bother and Blow!! No more Future

Hey all

I need some advice. I went to get some Klear floor polish (NZ branded Future) to find that it has been discontinued by SC Johnson and not been replaced.

I need some advice on what would be a good product to use instead that is a good, easy to apply clear cote.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rob

ALCLAD is doing an acrylic clear coat of which I read it should be good ... well a little more expensive I guess.

Not sure, but you can find Future at Amazon and they can ship it to you?

Rob I can vouch for the AlcladII Klear products. The Glossy one has a milky look to it but it even smells like Future. AlcladII also has a clear base product that works well as a seal coat.

Now the question is, if they are stopping Future down there, can you get AlcladII?

Hey All

Thanks for your replies.

Martin.. thanks for the thought about Amazon. I'll see if they are able/willing to ship to New Zealand.

And thank you both, Martin and MLP about the Alclad lead. I did a search of some NZ hobby stores.. they have Alclad, but not the clear product. One of the places in Wellington are constantly importing stuff like that, will give them a call and see if they are likely to get any in.

Kryptosdaddy.. Unfortunately we don't have Wall Mart here, and according to their website, it's an in-store product :(

Thanks again for your info. I'll follow up all the leads.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob, I've been using a product called Vectra - with excellent results. An acrylic wooden floor polish, I went to a flooring shop and got a 300ml bottle for $10. Milky white but drys clear, dip canopies etc, can be sprayed through an airbrush and even diluted with water. It gives a HIGH-GLOSS finish :)

A friend told me that Hollman House makes an acrylic wood floor product like Future that is available here in the South Eastern USA- she uses it for the traditional goal of shining her floors, so it may be worth looking at. I have found that at BiLo and Publix.

They make an EXCELLENT wood oil for furniture, so they do have a quality product.

Thanks for your replies guys.

KiwiGunner.. Great to see another one of us around here.. thanks for the tip on Vectra. I used it back in my commercial cleaning days, but I kind of discounted it due to its colour until now. I will pop into the local cleaning supply store and get some.

Kryptosdaddy.. Thanks for the lead on this one. I will take a look around and see if I can get that here.

Cheers

Rob

Back