• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bn2t LOCOMOTIVE PROJECT

Thanks!

Yeah for this kind a work doing it by hand is easier. At least for me.

:)

A mostly complete steam cylinder. Ready to move to the other side.

DSC05583.JPG

DSC05584.JPG

DSC05585.JPG

DSC05586.JPG

Really nice Terry,

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Scratch building can get into your blood, can't it? I love watching projects like this!!!

Bob

Really nice Terry,

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Scratch building can get into your blood, can't it? I love watching projects like this!!!

Bob

Yes it does. I keep finding out I need more tools(not a bad thing) and fixtures. I have other projects, but when I go to the bench I'm drawn to this thing.

Thanks for the support!

:D

FREUDENSTEIN Bn2t LOCOMOTIVE

You scarred Me ... Terry I was thinking 1 1/2" or 2 1/2" scale .... :rotf :rotf :rotf

:rotf

Well I've gone back and looked this build over looks very good ... My status is that I have changed the hours of my Store so I can go and work on my Friends Railroad ... so I'm closed on Wednesday now ... I have a Backyard railway that this Loco would run on ( I think ) ...

Now My friend also has one ... Some photos of scratching for His ...

haf4faee_2016-10-26.JPG

h0c0c64b_2016-10-26.JPG

h1c7d1b8_2016-10-26.JPG

h373d9bd_2016-10-26.JPG

This is the one I closing for ... He works on & operates trains on this 8 acre railroad in His Backyard ...

hfb744a2_2016-10-26.jpg

My dream is to build this in 2 1/2" scale ... that would be a Narrow gauge if you used this same size track of 7 1/2" it would run on His track but his Blue engine is 1 1/2" ...

I'm enjoying your work good luck with those rivets & the counters ... hard to get the spacing right ... something that you might try is a pattern marker ... I found one in my Wife's sewing box ... getting one with the right spacing my be a problem ... :salute (y)

Good luck ... :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

The paper model has the rivets located so I'm using that as a reference. Could be more or less depending. I'm looking at a lot of reference pictures and adding where I think more are needed.

:ro:

The paper model has the rivets located so I'm using that as a reference. Could be more or less depending. I'm looking at a lot of reference pictures and adding where I think more are needed.

I have and On30 0-4-0 made by Fleishman that I could take photos of ... it is very similar to what you are building ,,,, (y)

I have and On30 0-4-0 made by Fleishman that I could take photos of ... it is very similar to what you are building ,,,, (y)

Yeah go ahead all information is welcome.

Yeah go ahead all information is welcome.

These are soon close ups my Camera not focusing very well ...

h6d1161e.JPG

h786fd3f.JPG

haea897b.JPG

h6fb4aa3.JPG

hb54eeea.JPG

h9113820.JPG

I hope these help ... if you need any additional shots let Me Know ... :salute

Back