• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Berge-Panther Ausf.D mit Pz IV turret 653rd

panzerace007

Here are some shots of My completed Berge-Panther D . One of the Obsolete Berge-Panthers that was converted to the XO's Panzer of the 653rd. Jagd-Abtl. It has a Pz IV G turret bolted in place of a Panther turret. This rendered the Turret Immobile, but since it belonged to the XO it really wouldn't see too much action & b/c it belonged to a Jagd-Abtl the crew was used to the feel of an Immobile turret. This can be found in Karl-Heinz Munches book - Combat History of the 653rd. There are only about 2 pictures in exsistance of this Rare Kitty ! One picture actually captures it on a Flat-Car with the Only Tiger(p) to see Combat & that belonged to th C.O. of the 653rd.

It's a Cyberhobby/Dragon kit #6340. In reality it was a Berge D , but since Dragon has failed to release a Berge D there are parts that were inherent on the Berge that are not present in the Kit. The Jib-Crane & it's "anchors" & also the Short lived Heavy Tow Hitch( which later was deemed to much of a hindrance & caught too much debris to be useful in th field, on any Panther ) . These were all Nicked out of an Old Precision Models Resin Up-Date set for ICM's Berge-Panther D(#REF.:35.053.A ) Good Luck finding one Now. I'd like to use one one the Flak-Panther I'm currently building. Another Obsolete Berge-Panther D from th 653rd. ! Th absence of the Rear Schurtzen on the Turret & Stowage box is by design- As this would have restricted access to the Engine & removal of the Engine Deck.

OOpss..... :woohoo: I ran outta time. I'll post th Pix when I get back from Class !! :evil:

ERIK

O-B-K-B ... Houston ... We have Lift-Off. Sorry for th Earlier post.

Here is My Berge-Panther mit Pz IV turret. It was painted with:

Tamiya Dark Yellow (XF-60 )
" " Red Brown (XF-64 )
" " Dark Green (XF-61 )

The D.S. Trax were based with Tamiya Flat Black(XF-1 ) & the spot-painted with Tamiya Flat Earth( XF-52 ).

It was then given a Dry brushing of XF-60 & a pin-wash of Windsor & Newton's Raw Umber. Then finished off with Mig's Russian Earth & European Dust. The Mufflers were treated to a slight Rusting. I didn't want to show too much wear to the Panther since it was relatively New to th Battle Field( th Modded Version) & the Turret would've been Re-Painted to match th rest of th Panther ! Since it was for th XO I'm sure , th German's being German , They got it a bit Spiffy for It's New Crew !

ferd_171_1_20101004_1213465148.jpg

This , One of Two known pictures is Super Rare :ro: , as it shows the Only Tiger(p) to have gone to Battle. It was Factory Ordered( :woohoo: ) By th Commanding Officer of the 653rd.

dsc07190_4_20101004_1243939841.jpg

Here's yet, another War time ... :blush: Oh, wait a minute ... This is My model. I was playing around with th Sephia mode ! :woohoo: :laugh: B)

dsc07188_2_20101004_1219958327.jpg

Th Driver's Vision Block was treated to a shot of Tamiya Chrome Silver & then Overcoated with Tamiya Clear Green !! The rest of the Periscopes were first painted with Tamiya Clear Green, then painted Chrome Silver ( careful to miss the "glass"), The finally coated in Tamiya Flat Black. This produces somewhat of a Mirrored finish & really reflects the Light through the Periscopes !!

dsc07191_2_20101005_1901011882.jpg

dsc07187_1_20101005_1325519737.jpg

dsc07194_6_20101004_1770504613.jpg

dsc07195_4_20101004_1563665788.jpg

Here on th Panther's rear deck we can see the Purpose stripped Rear Turret Schurtzen & Stowage Box. This hampered access to the Engine & was thus, discarded. You can also see the Pilsen Mounts that I addded from the Precesion Models Up-Date set for ICM's Berge-Panther D. I also nicked th Heavy Tow Hitch. :evil:

dsc07196_5_20101004_2073283350.jpg

Another thing neglected in the Kit - The Gun Cleaning rods for the L/43 Gun !!

dsc07193_7_20101004_1160817200.jpg

64_1_2_20101004_1649802094.jpg

Here, the Other known photograph of the Berge-Panther D mit Pz IV turret under way somewhere in Eastern Russia( June '44 ). It was last reported in the Combat History in Sept. '44. Whereabouts .... Unknown !

Any body wanna go to Russia on a Scavenger Hunt ?

ERIK

Interesting subject. Nice dynamics on the track and wheels. You don't see many models of this one.

Ian.

Hey Guys,

Thanx for th kind words. The Suspension was really easy to Articulate. The Arms are actually Octagon shaped that correspond to the side of the Vehicle & can be posed how ever. Any of the Dragon D hulls have this as , also I think their Newer G's.

I tried to emulate one of the Pictures ( the last one) but I was also short on Figures ! :woohoo:

Thanx again !!

ERIK

Now youre just showing off....... Once again ive seen this piece in person as well.
STUNNING :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
Erik is one of my best buds so i will say it for him because he is to humble .......byt everywhere he has taken this vehicle to competition he CRUSHES everything else on the table with it .
Sorry Bro I had to throw you out there on that one ...... it is just a beautiful piece.

Dear ERIK.

...very cool project...excelent model of this rare one!

Regards my friend.

Luiz.

CHRIS- Thanx for the Vote of Confidence !!!

LUIZ, - Thanx for the Kind Words. & Keep up that great work on the Pz IV !!!

ERIK

hood wrote:
Dang Erik, you've been busy!

I love the paint! and the pose is really nice too :notworthy (y)

Tim

THANX for th Kind Words HOOD. But these latest have been done for a While. I'm just gettin' My Lazy Arse :eek:hmy: around to Posting them !!!

NOW, What I DO have on th Bench -

Berge-Panther mit Flak-vierling 38 ( 653rd. )

Sd.Kfz 7/1 Flak-vierling 38( Dragon ) - Coupled with that Mega P.E. Royal Edition from Griffon :gogo

KFZ 1 Stoeher ( ICM - Review for AMPS)

UpArmored/Up-Gunned Pz IV D ( DML ) -With FULL Interior !! :gogo :gogo :duh

I need some serious time back on th Bench !! :D

ERIK

Back